PCSX2 damages my savestates
Yea this is very fishy. We open the file as readonly when loading savestates, and the file is closed as soon as the savestate has been loaded.

What I need is a copy of a savestate which is working, and then another copy of the same savestate after it stops working, sot hat I can compare them nd see what's changed, and see if I can figure out how.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

(04-17-2009, 02:59 PM)Air Wrote: Yea this is very fishy. We open the file as readonly when loading savestates, and the file is closed as soon as the savestate has been loaded.

What I need is a copy of a savestate which is working, and then another copy of the same savestate after it stops working, sot hat I can compare them nd see what's changed, and see if I can figure out how.

Ok but since it happens at random I don't know when it will damage my state again
See what krakatos says to the instructions when you install a new beta it may be this.

Installation instructions for the pcsx2 beta:
-Download pcsx2 0.9.6 from the pcsx2 site, http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php Install / extract it.
- Download the latest pcsx2 beta from this topic. Extract the file and copy it to the pcsx2 folder.
- Use that file to run games
- Please delete the .ini files in the inis folder and reconfigure the emulator before actually running games.

It may be the .ini files that are damaging your savestates.
(04-17-2009, 03:18 PM)DarkDante Wrote: See what krakatos says to the instructions when you install a new beta it may be this.

Installation instructions for the pcsx2 beta:
-Download pcsx2 0.9.6 from the pcsx2 site, http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php Install / extract it.
- Download the latest pcsx2 beta from this topic. Extract the file and copy it to the pcsx2 folder.
- Use that file to run games
- Please delete the .ini files in the inis folder and reconfigure the emulator before actually running games.

It may be the .ini files that are damaging your savestates.

I'm 100% sure that has nothing to do with the problem....btw I'm not new to pcsx2
Maybe you changed a plugin and you are using it in both the new and the old pcsx2.exe you are testing,which breaks the old state...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-17-2009, 05:48 PM)Bositman Wrote: Maybe you changed a plugin and you are using it in both the new and the old pcsx2.exe you are testing,which breaks the old state...

But how changing pcsx2/plugins versions will damage something that I'm just loading?
And BTW when I updating to new version I delete the old one and don't use it anymore if I don't see something wrong with the new one.The state was created with the pcsx2 and plugins from the latest beta from Krakatos and the save was damaged when I still was using those plugins but newer rev. of pcsx2.

The problem now is that pcsx2 don't damages my states and I can't give for comparison...this happens at random and I'm afraid to use my states now.
the ini files may didn't damage your savestates but sometimes when i change to a beta version i get an error message and when i delete them and i reconfigure pcsx2 it works.It may be a simillar problem.

btw i didn't say you are a unexperienced user in pcsx2,i am just trying to help
I think i have this EXACT same error.

Any help would very VERY much appreciated.

This happens on ALL My savestates...
(04-17-2009, 06:38 PM)NeoCloudstrife Wrote: I think i have this EXACT same error.

Any help would very VERY much appreciated.

This happens on ALL My savestates...

Yes it's the same thing...I can't use those states anymore with any pcsx2 version.And about the "incomplete" part of the second sentence...the state was working before and successfully loading before suddenly this message appear
i have the same error some times but when i return to the version that i make the save state with it it is work