PCSX2 development plan,thoughts,contributions
(07-12-2014, 02:12 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I guess it was ultimately a no-win situation.

That's how we saw it as well. Hard to choose the least bad course of action from a selection of bad ones :/

(07-12-2014, 02:12 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I am sorry I overacted a bit. I will be glad to lay this mess to rest.

No worries about that. I'm glad you posted your concerns and glad we can discuss them. FWIW, I think you were one of the better voices we had at the discussion. Really, I'm enjoying your posts Smile (though I admit I never opened the "you're bored" thread Wink )

Sponsored links

OK, courtesy of rama, please take some time for reflection Wink

Hey that was my brighten up a bit video! Tongue2
Ha, I'm good now. I don't stay upset too long, takes too much energy.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote:So about 2 month ago IIRC AVG told us that they will not be able to continue. We didn't yet remove the toolbar because we didn't want to release another version just for the sake of removing the toolbar, but the deal has ended already regardless.
You're joking, right? You're not even making money from it, and you refused to remove it when multiple developers expressed interest in helping, but didn't want to specifically because of the toolbar?

Sorry i can't believe this. And if it's true, then it's even worse, because it shows you really don't care at all about pcsx2 if you aren't willing to spend 10 minutes to remove it from the installer when there's clear benefits to doing so.
(07-12-2014, 04:33 PM)RachelB Wrote: You're joking, right? You're not even making money from it, and you refused to remove it when multiple developers expressed interest in helping, but didn't want to specifically because of the toolbar?

Sorry i can't believe this. And if it's true, then it's even worse, because it shows you really don't care at all about pcsx2 if you aren't willing to spend 10 minutes to remove it from the installer when there's clear benefits to doing so.

You're welcome to believe whatever you see fit. We didn't refuse to remove it, we just didn't want to discuss it until we figured a way to present it. And we don't take commands from you, apologies for that. Next time, we might listen to you more if you were less flaming, like we listened and discussed with others. So far, in my eyes, you personally haven't yet proved to be a good companion for a discussion. Make of it whatever you like.
"Told us" is different from "in effect as of today".
(07-12-2014, 04:42 PM)avih Wrote: You're welcome to believe whatever you see fit. We didn't refuse to remove it, we just didn't want to discuss it until we figured a way to present it. And we don't take commands from you, apologies for that. Next time, we might listen to you more if you were less flaming, like we listened and discussed with others. So far, in my eyes, you personally haven't yet proved to be a good companion for a discussion. Make of it whatever you like.

I didn't flame anyone until right now. I'm not sure where you think i did. I had remained quite civil. But now, no way. You guys are absolutely disgusting. It does not take two ***** months to remove a toolbar. It takes 10, 20 minutes tops to write up a quick announcement, and and make a new installer. Don't tell me you haven't had 20 free minutes in the last 2 months. You've spent more time than that arguing about the damn thing. Hell, when developers came expressing interest but wanting the toolbar removed, you could have just said "Sure, we'll remove it, but don't have the time, can do you do it for us?", and it'd have been done for you days ago. And you did refuse to remove it. You said explicitly it was not going to be removed (but that you could change your mind later).

I cannot believe you guys care so little about your users that you would subject them to malware for 2 months without even making any money on it, and you care so little about pcsx2 that you would refuse to remove it, still not making any money on it, in order to get help from multiple developers. What the ***** even.
Say, do you have me on blocked RachelB? It appears you're blending out my replies.
RachelB, I've carefully read every single one of your 39 posts so far before I posted my opinion of you (actually, also before I first joined this discussion). This is my opinion. You're welcome to try and change it, and I'll continue reading your posts fully. Just don't expect to drag me into a mud fight because it just won't happen.

If you're serious about understanding how your posts were unhelpful, I'm willing to go over all your posts again and tell you what I think of each. Preferably not on this thread, however.