PCSX2 development plan,thoughts,contributions
(07-12-2014, 01:03 PM)rama Wrote: Disabling adblock and replacing download buttons is obviously not okay.
It never did that in our tests and I just tried to replicate it with no result. It doesn't do this here and we wouldn't have okay'd it like that.

Edit:
Uninstall works fine with just add/remove programs.

naja. it doesn't hurt. neither does the spying on browsing habits. it's common these days. you get spyed everywhere. google is everywhere. but ading and ading and ading and loading more ading that i don't care about can get annoying or basicly just lagging the net. which is no pleasure. my reason to boycott adware.

Sponsored links

@rama Yes, I can understand that. But if the decision was already made, it makes no sense to me. Why not say it? I can understand if it wasn't finalized til today. I can understand if the decision was made because of the discussion. I just don't get why if the decision was already finalized no one said it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-12-2014, 01:15 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I gotta agree. To be honest(and I am not making accusations here), it totally appears like the PCSX2 team went from defending it to: "Oh, we were gonna remove that all along." It looks like a political position reversal to me.

Maybe that's not what it was, but I honestly question the decision that this information wasn't brought to light before now. I seriously hope there was a good reason.

Despite what it might look like, I can guarantee the facts I posted are correct. You haven't caught me in a lie yet, and you're unlikely to catch me lying in the future as well (not because I'm such a good liar, but because I just try to not lie). If it ever came to court, we do have documents to prove these facts. But it won't be taken to court and the facts are true.

As for why not posting it outright at the beginning, we did discuss it internally, and we were not sure how to respond yet. But something had to be said, so we first wanted to stop the AVG flames, and then refined it along the way.

Also, we wanted to separate the decision to use AVG specifically - which we do think is worthy of a discussion especially if we failed to notice some issues with it, from the discussion if an open source project is allowed to bundle stuff.

It's a sort of crisis management thingy, and we did and are doing the best we can.
We need to collect all information and find team consensus about important stuff like this, so it just wasn't finalized up until now.
This new discussion popping up, spiced with claims about the toolbar behaviour, made avih post this ahead of a more official news post.
@avih I didn't accuse you of lying dude, I am just very confused. And it's better to have to explain it to me than some other people that won't even listen to what you have to say. To someone reading that for the first time, with no explanation, it totally looks that way. I am just trying to understand is all. I am confused, and a bit upset. I think it's understandable.

@rama

Okay, if that's the case, then it's at least plausible. I am gonna go on the record and say that I don't think that was the best way to handle it. But then, you guys have a lot more to consider than me, so maybe I just don't understand.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Blyss, I know you weren't accusing me of lying Smile

Nevertheless, the concerns you've raised were valid, so I responded to them.

May I ask why upset?
Was it a clause in the contract not to tell anybody whether the contract was ending etc?
<REDACTED>
(07-12-2014, 01:40 PM)avih Wrote: Blyss, I know you weren't accusing me of lying Smile

Nevertheless, the concerns you've raised were valid, so I responded to them.

May I ask why upset?

Ahh, I've been on edge for several days because of real life stuff. I am one of those people that stay calm through everything and then finally one little thing pushes me over the edge. I guess this was it. It did honestly confuse me, you gotta admit it kinda came out of left field. It's true that you've said all along that you encouraged discussion about the toolbar though.

Furthermore, the whole discussion is charged for me. Ever since "that" thread this discussion has been causing drama here, and it really drives me nuts. It's like I said on page 11, when I tried to close that thread. This forum is my home on the Internet. I don't like it to be an upsetting place.

And I guess the reason why I got so upset just now is it kind of came across to me like this whole discussion, all the bullcrap, all the flaming, was for nothing. So I definitely got pretty hot.

I suppose you guys have a reason, and I don't think you would lie to me. It just really shocked the hell out of me and I responded before I had time to think.

Either way, as I said a few posts back, I will be glad that this shenanigans is over. It's going away, you've said it. So people should no longer want to argue it. And I am glad.
(07-12-2014, 01:46 PM)Fezzer Wrote: Was it a clause in the contract not to tell anybody whether the contract was ending etc?

I think not. The contract is longer than all the discussion on this subject so far Wink but I don't think it prevents us from declaring such stuff. It was our attempt to handle it as best we could.

(07-12-2014, 01:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Furthermore, the whole discussion is charged for me. ...

Agreed. Us too. We weren't sure how to respond, but something just had to be done. So first thing we did was make things more quiet. It might not have been the best course of action (though TBH I still think it wasn't too bad), but in the heat of matters you have to take decisions, and making bad calls is better than not making calls at all, especially with an escalating issue. So we did what we thought was best.

It's hard stuff to unflame a heated discussion which also has merit - and we do agree that there's merit there. We're human, and we make the best we can, and sometimes it's not enough as well. sh*t happens...
(07-12-2014, 01:50 PM)avih Wrote: Agreed. Us too. We weren't sure how to respond, but something just had to be done. So first thing we did was make things more quiet. It might not have been the best course of action (though TBH I still think it wasn't too bad), but in the heat of matters you have to take decisions, and making bad calls is better than not making calls at all, especially with an escalating issue. So we did what we thought was best.

It's hard stuff to unflame a heated discussion which also has merit - and we do agree that there's merit there. We're human, and we make the best we can, and sometimes it's not enough as well. sh*t happens...

I can understand I guess. Thinking about it now, if at the first sign of someone bringing it up in "that" thread, if you had announced this, it would most likely look like you never believed in doing it at all. I honestly think that while some members of that thread had honest concerns, others were just trying to cause problems, and would probably have attacked your position either way.

I guess it was ultimately a no-win situation. At least now it's finally come to it's bitter end, and our energy can be put towards something productive. I am sorry I overreacted a bit. I will be glad to lay this mess to rest.