Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PCSX2 for Fedora
(09-22-2017, 12:13 PM)slavezeo Wrote: Guess what? Chicken Butt. Guess why? Chicken Thigh. 

Here is another git build of PCSX2 for Fedora 26. This time it is build 1.5.0 2205 compiled on Sept 21 2017. You should be able to upgrade from the previous 1.5.0 2120 RPM, but older packages should uninstall and reinstall the package. 

Make sure to decompress the archive before trying to install. The PCSX2 forums will not let me attach RPM files.

As always let me know if anything is wonky with this package.

is it possible you can create one for f27? or show me how you did it?

Sponsored links

(09-24-2016, 03:46 PM)slavezeo Wrote: There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in PCSX2 for Fedora but I went ahead and setup a dnf repository in it's honor. This should make getting it easier for anyone who does want to give it a swing. I'll try to keep the rpm inline with the git sources every so often. I can also build one at request if there is a new commit I haven't packaged. I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll get an email if anyone does.

The repository is housed on it's own hosting. I was going to host on COPR but they have some rules against emulators which require a BIOS to function. This clearly rules out PCSX2. 

If you want to enable the repository just issue the following command in a terminal. You'll also need to have the RPMFusion repository ( enabled as I use a couple of their packages to compile PCSX2. These rpm packages are also GPG signed.

sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo

After the repository is added to dnf enter this command to install it. It should pull in PCSX2 and it's dependencies.

sudo dnf install pcsx2

Right now I am building Packages for Fedora 24. When Fedora 25 is released in November I will drop support for 24 and move on to 25. I hope this helps other Fedora users get to try and have fun with git builds of PCSX2.

i tried to add your repo but i cant resolve it.