PCSX2 in stereoscopic 3D
Indeed, in the same way bad games will stay bad even if you use Hardware mode for higher resolution visuals.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]

Sponsored links

(04-19-2013, 02:36 PM)KrossX Wrote: Indeed, in the same way bad games will stay bad even if you use Hardware mode for higher resolution visuals.

and yet you still want 3D?

-.-
... In the same way good games can be very nice in high resolution visuals.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(04-19-2013, 02:20 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: I don't understand why any of you want this cheap gimmick anyway.

Idiot: "OMG 3D!!!"
Someone with a brain: "but the game still sucks. Why would you want it?"
Idiot: "3D"

3D or any other gimmick will not make the game better. If you guys really want it just so you can get a head ache while playing PCSX2 then more power to you I guess.

Wow man, you are just the absolute pits.

By that logic, we should never add anything unessential to games ever.

"Why does your game have a reload animation? It's only visual, it doesn't make the game better."

"Why does your game have anti aliasing? It doesn't make the game better."

"Why does your game play a little jingle whenever you complete a puzzle? that's stupid the game isn't better because of it."

Being able to play in 3D add's a new dynamic to the game, and depending on the person can without a doubt make the experience a better one.

I could have played Rayman Origins in 2D and enjoyed the game from start to finish, but playing it in 3D made it a visual marvel that will always sit in my memory as one of my absolute favorite gaming experiences.

Maybe you personally don't like 3D, but that doesn't mean it adds nothing of value to anyones play experience ever.
(04-19-2013, 02:20 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: I don't understand why any of you want this cheap gimmick anyway.

Idiot: "OMG 3D!!!"
Someone with a brain: "but the game still sucks. Why would you want it?"
Idiot: "3D"

3D or any other gimmick will not make the game better. If you guys really want it just so you can get a head ache while playing PCSX2 then more power to you I guess.

Except that 3D looks amazing on even good games.
Fact and Fiction, Where do you draw the line?
The gsdx 3d stereoscopic plugin works surprisingly well. I use it in top/bottom mode on my 3d tv with active shutter 3d glasses.

However, when using DX11 output, the top image is sometimes not rendered for a very brief period of time causing a flicker (causing the left lense of the 3d glasses to shut down momentarily).

The problem is resolved when using the DX9 output. However, this decreases the framerate below 60 fps with my laptop.

Is someone having the same problem as me with DX11 output? Is there a way to fix this?
Thank you under moon and KrossX for sharing with us this awesome 3D plugin. One of the best 3D plugin I've seen in years. My dream came true.

Thanks again. ^_^
I have to say that posted before in this very thread and regret my vision of then. I missed the point all together and emitted biased and subjective opinions which proved themselves false when actually testing the plugin later on.

Despite in the first stages it showed great promise and the concept works, does not matter if is simulating stereoscopy or true stereoscopy, it works giving the impression of profundity. I guess the plugin may have improved a big deal since then even.

Is yet true that it gives me headaches in long expositions but then all 3D techs I have seen to date do the same and some even much more. Besides, this does not mean it is so to everybody.

Since then the plugin only got thumbs up from me in each opportunity it was mentioned in other threads. It is deserving a try even if not going to be used with every game, is perfectly possible it not working so nicely with a game or so, but then even the emulation itself is different from one game to another.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-17-2013, 05:36 PM)under moon Wrote: About Stereoscopic mode implementation.
GSdx-*-3D is PCSX2 pulgin and modified source-code for 3D Display.(Windows only)

[Features]
- Method: Render two textures for both eyes in one frame.
- Mode: Top and Bottom, Side-by-Side, Interlaced , Red Cyan.
- Mode switching: Keyboard input at runtime.
- Renderer: Direct3D9 Hardware, Direct3D11 Hardware .
- Source changes Ohmynly the source code of GSdx (so far).

* Source code is changed based on pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-sources.
* Parameter settings and degree of depth is different in each title.
* Some game titles may not work well.
* This plugin takes high processing power than original version.

Well, thank you very much, and sorry for the broken English.

I tried the plugin with 3D anagliph and are really great!!!!I liked it so much!!!! Planning to update plugin for new Gsdx release?
It works great. (Red/Cyan) Smile
But it doesn't work in DX10 Mode. Sad
[Image: recodersignature2.png]