PCSX2 source code development switches to Git
(04-20-2014, 01:17 PM)planetps2 Wrote: But where can we download the latest SVN builds like r5933, r5934, etc? When you click download at the pcsx2.net SVN page, it just links to the build bot site, where that version (like a86f261) is not listed. Since it has switched to GIT, nothing has been added to the buildbot list, the latest downloadable build is r5932 from last month.

You would know if you bothered to read the first post.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(04-20-2014, 06:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: You would know if you bothered to read the first post.

you realized first post doesn't have a place to download new builds, just repository. he was asking when to get newer builds.

Cause our official build bot has not completed the change yet.
He said this in the first post:
Quote:Keep in mind the build bot will take some time to update to the new source code repository, whenever Orphis can get around to it so until then, be patient!
(04-20-2014, 06:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: You would know if you bothered to read the first post.

The first post was edited 14 minutes after my post about it. Before my post I don't think there was any mention of the downloadable buildbot builds on that first post. It sounds like eventually the buildbot page will be updated with new GIT automated builds. I will be patient, I am still running r5932, which is a great build, I was really just wondering if there were plans to continue to release the automated builds with the GIT builds like the SVN at the buildbot site. And it sounds like eventually they will update that page when they get the GIT builds sorted out. It was a reasonable question considering it's been a month and there wasn't much talk about it.
(04-21-2014, 04:00 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Before my post I don't think there was any mention of the downloadable buildbot builds on that first post.

There was. You can read my quote above your post.
(04-21-2014, 04:07 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: There was. You can read my quote above your post.

Your quote of the first post was done after it was edited. You might be right, but you quoting the current first post now doesn't prove that it was in there before. In any event, I was just trying to get some clarification.

At this link, http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html, there is a download button for each revision that just generically links to the buildbot site, so I wasn't sure if those GIT revisions were supposed to be able to be downloaded in build form in the meantime from that pcsx2.net svn list. The devs have done a fantastic job updating PCSX2 in the last 6 months or so, and if GIT makes it easier for them to develop PCSX2, then that's great, but I just hope that the GIT builds will be released similarly to how the SVN builds were, because I was in a routine of checking the build bot site every few weeks. I will try read the first posts more but I don't see the harm in asking the question. Thanks.
I had seen that before you asked. The edited post added the text in red. The text in red was probably added because several users didn't read the entire post.
(04-21-2014, 05:08 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: I had seen that before you asked. The edited post added the text in red. The text in red was probably added because several users didn't read the entire post.

My post was more about "if there were GIT builds now available" rather than not reading about the orphis site. Again I was very aware of the lack of builds on the orphis site, then I was confused when the pcsx2.net svn site had a download button for GIT revisions. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

And as a response, a guy linked to his thread where he was putting together unofficial GIT builds in the meantime. I think I'll probably wait until GIT official builds are released, but it's still good to know. No need to go in circles, I will be very patient, and like I said am very happy with the r5932 build at the moment. I've been meaning to sign up here for a while, and am just really looking forward to contributing in any way I can.
(04-21-2014, 04:59 AM)planetps2 Wrote: Your quote of the first post was done after it was edited. You might be right, but you quoting the current first post now doesn't prove that it was in there before. ...

I edited the first post and added only the text in red. The rest was there before, including the quote which you misses.
(04-21-2014, 06:08 AM)avih Wrote: I edited the first post and added only the text in red. The rest was there before, including the quote which you misses.

I read it, I was asking if there were any GIT builds available somewhere like on the pcsx2 site. All I saw was the update logs. I'd like to know more about what will change when the new GIT builds are released.