PSOne Widescreen Patches
(11-05-2020, 04:38 AM)demilich Wrote: @Italiano

Not sure what your issue is with POPS, I have never used it myself.
I have used the PS2 hdmi dongle and I have run into issues outputting a proper widescreen image with PS2 games using only GSM and with PS2rd.

The problem is the ps2 hdmi dongle, it is not good in my opinion. I would recommend using official Sony component cables or HD Retrovision Component cables and use a Retrotink if your tv does not have Component inputs.

Dear,

can I play 1080i via gsm with component cables? and widescreen play during a game. then i will purchase a component cable

Sponsored links

@Italiano, the POPS emulator have also an integrated widescreen function, for use it just use this:

$SAFEMODE
$WIDESCREEN

If it doesn't work either, then it is a problem with the HDMI dongle or the GSM, or both.

Best regards.
(11-06-2020, 01:16 AM)El_Patas Wrote: @Italiano, the POPS emulator have also an integrated widescreen function, for use it just use this:

$SAFEMODE
$WIDESCREEN

If it doesn't work either, then it is a problem with the HDMI dongle or the GSM, or both.

Best regards.

Best,

can you write the code or post an image how to do it exactly. only the safemode and widescreen
@Italiano, yes, just only the safemode and widescreen as i wrote.

Best regards.
(11-06-2020, 04:25 PM)El_Patas Wrote: @Italiano, yes, just only the safemode and widescreen as i wrote.

Best regards.

Best,

tried like you said. but unfortunately I don't get the picture widescreen. bought a component cable today. but I also have the same problem with the component cable. tried other games like fifa 2008 that is full screen. have also tried few konami games all same problem. konami games are all 4: 3

have also tried the ps1 emulator. there the game is 16: 9 widescreen the way I want it. but the game is really slow there. it's not fun to play like that
(11-06-2020, 05:22 PM)Italiano Wrote: Best,

tried like you said. but unfortunately I don't get the picture widescreen. bought a component cable today. but I also have the same problem with the component cable. tried other games like fifa 2008 that is full screen. have also tried few konami games all same problem. konami games are all 4: 3

have also tried the ps1 emulator. there the game is 16: 9 widescreen the way I want it. but the game is really slow there. it's not fun to play like that

Search a TV which supports the native 240p and the widescreen will work fine without any problems, and without using the GSM.

Best regards.
(10-24-2020, 07:27 PM)PsxFan107 Wrote: To celebrate Medal of Honor - Underground's 20th anniversary, I proudly present two much anticipated (and overdue) patches:

Medal of Honor (NTSC-U)

Thanks for your time and work Smile
I do have an additional request for breath of fire 3. The widescreen works but the characters are stretched. Would be great if someone can fix it.
(05-26-2020, 06:14 PM)El_Patas Wrote: @SSBM_LLDL i made a widescreen code for the Brave Fencer Musashi (NTSC-U)
You can find it in the archive.

Unfortunately seems that it needs a render fix because in some backgrounds certain parts of the floor
look black, like at the beginning of the game.
You can try it.

Best regards.

That code is awesome. No luck with the render fix.

I was wondering if someone could help me with something else.

I wanted to expand upon that code and return the HUD to 4:3. I think widescreen codes work best when the HUD are still positioned where they were supposed to be in 4x3. It does a better job of showing where the extra information is on screen!
Would anyone be interested in finding a render fix for Legend of Legaia?

The Retroarch widescreen hack works beautifully; but sometimes things aren't being drawn in the expanded view area.

Also, and arguably more importantly... A draw distance fix in battle, the game does a neat hack where it swaps in low resolution models that on the psx would never be noticed. But it is pretty noticeable once you upscale.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(08-30-2016, 03:30 PM)El_Patas Wrote: This value works also for the game World Soccer Winning Eleven 2002 (NTSC-J) and probably for all the ISS/PES/Winning series.
But when i patch the game and i play it in ePSXe then the game seems that is in widescreen but with the camera moved up. WTF?!

This is the correct widescreen with Gameshark codes        And this is what happens with the hexadecimal value:

I checked in the Cheat Engine activating the 4 values that i found at the same time and causes exactly the same result of the second screen.
Then seems that for sorme reason the address of 0003de40 activates the 4 values when is used the hexadecimal value.
Why?

Maybe there is any near address which have some condition over the 0003de40 and needs to be canceled?

I don't have too much idea about this things, if someone can take a look to the game and find a solution would be great.
This is all what i can do from my side.

Best regards.

Hello, I would like to ask a question. As you know, Winning Eleven 2002 doesn't have a widescreen option inside the game. Winning Eleven 4 has it, I know it's not the real widescreen and that you can only change the aspect ratio of the players. However I really like that option since it makes the game look much more beautiful on 16:9 screen. My question is: Is there a way to somehow change the aspect ratio of the players and the ball in Winning Eleven 2002, to make them appear taller and the ball rounder?