PSOne Widescreen Patches
Is there a way to convert the cheatmodul codes in hex codes to patch the game image directly?

Sponsored links

(02-20-2018, 06:16 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Crash Team Racing Widescreen ISO Patch NTSC-U:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndqzb5kdpbrbon...n.ppf?dl=1
Apply on clean .bin file of the US version of the game.

How have you created this patch using action replay codes? 0o
(02-24-2018, 01:08 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: How have you created this patch using action replay codes? 0o

This is - most likely - the HEX patch for these AR/GS codes : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSOne-Wi...#pid580838 Too many instructions to give for HEX editing the iso, so gamemasterplc made a ppf of it.
Well, than it would be very interesting to know how he was able to extract the hex code from the action replay codes Wink
(02-24-2018, 02:45 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: Well, than it would be very interesting to know how he was able to extract the hex code from the action replay codes Wink

It isn't that hard. Look here with a dither OFF code (taken from here : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSOne-Wi...#pid579112)

Quote:#Driver (UK) (SLES-01816, SLES-01816#, SLES-01816-P)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES by FlatOut
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Disable dithering
80074C6C 0000 // 0200

HEXADECIMAL VALUES by FlatOut

Search for first entry of:
03 3C 00 02 63 34

Replace with:
03 3C 00 00 63 34

GS/AR code tell us : at 80074C6C adress, replace 0200 (dither ON) by 0000 (dither OFF). To make/apply an HEX code, if I search for only 00 02, I would have too many results. So Flatout selected a sequence containing 00 02 : he selected values before and after 00 02 (see Cheat Engine screenshot at the end of this post). And since there are several "03 3C 00 02 63 34" sequences in the iso, he said : "search for the first entry".

(please note this is not always possible to convert from GS/AR codes to HEX codes)

[Image: ridge_by_shaolinassassin-dc1f0f0.png]

(don't care about the adresses here pls, it's not Driver UK but another game)
it was a ***** for CTR because it involved a jump to freespace and the PPF has several improvements compared to the GS code. i nuked a less important rendering call for freespace
@ShaolinAssassin

I checked the widescreen code archiv again and there are some hex codes included but the hex adress is completely different to AC codes. Here is a screenshot. I need to exchange an existing value by inserting the value 000C0924 at adress E3D54. But how do I know which existing value should be exchanged?

[Image: ckfrjwpw.jpg]
(02-24-2018, 05:56 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: @ShaolinAssassin

I checked the widescreen code archiv again and there are some hex codes included but the hex adress is completely different to AC codes. Here is a screenshot. I need to exchange an existing value by inserting the value 000C0924 at adress E3D54. But how do I know which existing value should be exchanged?

[Image: ckfrjwpw.jpg]

The value to replace is given in the adress. It starts at E3D54.

BTW, did you load the entire iso in HxD or only the SLES_013.04 file ? Paul_met likes better to submit ELF hack than iso hack (for the reason mentionned in the CHEATS.TXT file), so you need to extract this file with CDmage.

Anyway, this is weird. Here is a screenshot of SLES_013.04 at E3D54 :

Only zeros here - while I expected to find 00 01 in the original values (because 1000 (4:3) => 0C00 (16:9), see GS/AR codes). I don't understand...
it was a free instruction for him to use
So here I am with more bugs in Spyro games with widescreen (all tested on my beloved Vita)
First off. I can't really tell with AR/GS but at least HEX widescreen in Spyro 1 crashes the good ending cutscene. On PSP/PS1 it would require resetting the console the hard way.
Second. Someone should also verify this but I've tested 3 different dumps of Spyro 2 (and one of them was straight from PSN) and widescreen code breaks cutscenes. By that I mean some voices glitch out and by the end the audio shuts completely.
And with newest Spyro 3 widescreen I should say good job at the moment 'cause I've completed the first world and nothing happened yet out of the ordinary but I'll keep playing and see if anything brakes and/or crashes