Pcsx2 freeze for a couple of secs?
yeah i am using an iso copy i created.

Sponsored links

Can you describe these freezes better? Video and sound both stop with the display going black? The GS and EE go to 0? What else?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay well basically the game freezes the screen does not go black. video and sound does stop the ee an gs does not go to 0 that only happened one time when i tried to load my save file the fps dropped to like 11-15 and gs and ee both dropped to 0
Anything you do or your computer is doing in the background that could trigger such freezes? Ofc if you save your game(pressing F1) a second or two freeze on slow hdd would be normal, but you probably don't mean that, soo do you have some abusive antivirus which turns on a hdd scan, anything else that could potentially abuse your hdd or other resources in the background?(in extreme rare case even a virus, through anti-viruses are usually more abusive on resources especially on laptops than viruses from my experience;P)

Well could be something else maybe your GPU switching automatically(probably unlikely, but I'm not really sure how that optimus works in practice) between the integrated crap and nvidia one, but it's not really a normal pcsx2 behaviour while playing from iso and it seems more likely to be something in your system.
Hmm do you think it might be my hard drive? I just noticed when it freeze for 1-2 secs the gs and ee both indeed drops to 0. i have nothing running in my background no scans etc. The AV i have is AVG internet security 3 pack
If ee/gs drops to 0 they are literaly waiting for something else, soo at least it doesn't seem to be a cpu problem.
Could be hdd or gpu switching to other one(if that's how optimus works, cannot you set only nvidia to be used with pcsx2 somewhere?). If that would be hdd, it would need to be in heavy use by other application or in state of dyingTongue couse pcsx2 doesn't really need any fast hdd to begin with. Dunno what else could it be, those feel most logic what I can think off.
Well I tried playing a pc game an i dont encounter the freeze issue so I dont think its the hdd... I did indeed set pcsx2 to use the nvidia gpu. I dont know what the problem is Wacko
Exclude PCSX2's directory (folders), and your ISO directory from your anti virus's Sonar (live protection), and scans, quite possible your AV fighting to control the processes because of signatures etc. It could be countless things producing this, for instance, have you tried another pcsx2 svn? that particular svn could be disagreeing with your system, however unlikely that may be.

Make sure you have all your device drivers up to date, make sure you have your power profile set to performance while gaming, check and edit the profile setting to make sure the min and max CPU clock speed is 100%, especially if your laptop is not plugged in, because the CPU would be constantly down-clocking, and going back to full speed on battery power, which could produce that problem. Make sure GSdx is detecting your 540M, and not your integrated adapter.

My money is on a HDD issue though.
Everything is updated. I tried the dolphin emulator and it worms perfectly fine, many other pc games and apps work perfectly fine so I dont think it's a HDD issue. I'll try dling a svn build and see if that fixes it. It's not game breaking anyway just a 1-7 sec freeze varies sometimes only a 2 sec freeze. Thank you for your help so far everyone.
Okay well it seems something similar happened in dolphin idk of it's a bug or what but when i opene a treasure chest in wind waker it kind of stuttered for 2 secs then resumed fine. Hmm Im still in the return period to return the laptop do you guys think something seriously is wrong with this laptop? I mean if it was a HDD issue wouldn't the whole laptop freeze? It works perfectly fine otherwise.