Play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 with a Wii remote!!!
that could prove a chanange, but I would suspect you just keep moving the nunchuck, or move it faster?

Sponsored links

(04-01-2009, 09:20 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: well what i meant is for Kingdom Hearts 2 (in that game the High Jump ability says the longer you hold the jump button the higher you jump (as seen in the image) Smile)

Oh, never knew that, I haven't got that far in the game (sstate corruption Sad ) though so I haven't unlocked high jump to test it.
One way to do it I think is to swing up to initiate the jump and swing down to end it.
Another is that you hold the c button on the nunchuk, swing up to start the jump and release the c button to end it.

Both would be quite difficult to do in game.

At the moment you can swing the nunchuk up to jump or you can just press c. Holding c will work for high jump but the nunchuk won't.

+I don't think moving it faster would work as it would just keep tapping the button and not holding it.

Which method do you think I should implement or do you have other ideas?

+Does holding circle only work with High Jump LV2? because I thought you just double pressed it for the first one, not sure though.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

holding circle works for every High Jump Smile (Lv1,2 & Max)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Quote:holding circle works for every High Jump Smile (Lv1,2 & Max)

Yeah did some testing, and fiddled with the code till my fingers burned but I really couldn't find a way to make the high jump work with the nunchuk swing.
For this reason, I've left the button mapping on so you can hold C to high jump, but the swing up feature is still there (You just can't jump to max height with it)

Also, I have edited the code drastically, it's now a lot more sophisticated.
You can now press the one and two buttons on the wiimote to switch between 'modes'
You can either use the wiimote and nunchuk or a wiimote in each hand.
Having a wiimote in each hand means no wire connecting the controllers and more dexterity but at the sacrifice of having to use a dpad for movement rather than an analog stick.

C'mon someone must've tried this out by now?
I'm dying for feedback lol Smile
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

(04-02-2009, 07:19 PM)marcus Wrote: You can either use the wiimote and nunchuk or a wiimote in each hand.
i wonder if having 2 wiimotes would work with drive forms that have 2 keyblades Rolleyes Laugh

(04-02-2009, 07:19 PM)marcus Wrote: C'mon someone must've tried this out by now?
I'm dying for feedback lol Smile
i will try it once i get a wiimote and some kind of bluetooth input Smile
Windows 7 64bit

I apologize, I have attempted to find the bluetooth USB
(I ran through both my cousin's rooms at least 3 times each)
and I couldn't find it
I'm gonna go purchase one sometime this week
Quote:i wonder if having 2 wiimotes would work with drive forms that have 2 keyblades

This would work but you couldn't control each keyblade individually it would basically mean swinging either wiimote to attack.
I could remove the swing jump feature as you can't use that for high jump anyway and replace it with keyblade control, think I should?

I've edited the code again so now there are two like 'profiles', so you can play kingdom hearts one or two with the same script.
The only real difference in configuration though is the camera controls (Analog for KH2, L2,R2 for KH)
Are there any other differences in controls between the games? I want to make sure before I put it on the main thread.

Quote:I'm gonna go purchase one sometime this week

I'd recommend buying one on ebay, there are some great deals.. I got mine for a few pounds and it works great. But to connect the wiimote you need an adapter that works with a program called Bluesoleil.
If you ask the seller, I'm sure they'll know, or I think there is a compatibility list somewhere on the net (Just google it)
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

(04-03-2009, 08:17 AM)marcus Wrote: you couldn't control each keyblade individually it would basically mean swinging either wiimote to attack.
yea i know that you can't swing each keyblade individually (that would require us the users to just synchronize with it Tongue)

(04-03-2009, 08:17 AM)marcus Wrote: I could remove the swing jump feature as you can't use that for high jump anyway and replace it with keyblade control, think I should?
yes, it's much better to swing the keyblade by swinging the wiimote Tongue

(04-03-2009, 08:17 AM)marcus Wrote: Are there any other differences in controls between the games? I want to make sure before I put it on the main thread.
well there's the thing of talking to people (in kh2 you press the triangle button, while in kh you have to use the d-pad to go to the talk option Rolleyes )
Windows 7 64bit

(04-03-2009, 08:42 AM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(04-03-2009, 08:17 AM)marcus Wrote: Are there any other differences in controls between the games? I want to make sure before I put it on the main thread.
well there's the thing of talking to people (in kh2 you press the triangle button, while in kh you have to use the d-pad to go to the talk option Rolleyes )

Ah okay, well I've just removed the jump feature and added the swinging of the 2ndwiimote/nunchuk. Smile
I'll test the talking thing and put the new script up tonight.
There will be a new lilypad file too, the one that is on the front post at the moment won't work with kingdom hearts 1.
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

(04-03-2009, 08:47 AM)marcus Wrote: I'll test the talking thing and put the new script up tonight.
that's also true for any other action (triangle key in kh2, d-pad then cross in kh Smile)
Windows 7 64bit