Play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 with a Wii remote!!!
By thy way.. I'm no expert, but I do have my creative moments... Would something like this be possible to make:

Requirements:
- wii remote with nunchuk
- hat (better for summer) / helmet (better for winter) .. Tongue
- bluetooth handsfree set (ex. aliph jawbone ... nice)
- BT enabled PC/laptop
- lot of room

Then, for example, a shooter game that uses left PS2 joystick for moving, right for panning the camera around (targeting). Using the joystick on the nunchuk would be the equivalent of the left PS2 joystick, whilst the gyro sensors from the wii remote would be the right joystick. Now, if the gyro part could somehow be extracted from the remote (leaving the rest functional of course), mounted to a hat/helmet, recalibrated for the neutral position of the head towards the screen, and the remote used for buttons like normal.

You would than move with the nunchuk (the buttons on it for jumping, action), view around by tilting your head in the desired direction, and using the remote for shooting, weapons change. Obviously, the gyro part would be wire connected to the hat, after extracting it from the remote.

The other part would be the BT headset, for in-game communication (or only to play silently, not on the pc speakers, but to listen in the ear, perfect for late hours of gaming).

I'm not such a gadget freak as to dress up as a cyborg, but since I tried the wii, and reading this thread and programming possibilities, I would dare say that one with some general electric knowledge could maybe pull something like this off.

What do you guys think about this?
Currently Working On:
[Image: 20accwz.png]
- SSX3 testing
- God Of War 2 testing

-> Inactive till May 4th

Sponsored links

Get ready for a ramble from me as I have been exploring a similar technology for a while

This is a concept already in motion Smile
However, instead of using the accelerometer in the wiimote for head positioning, it uses the remotes surprisingly sensitive camera.
It basically finds where your heads at by detecting two infrared lights attached to a hat (or possibly a helmet)(it actually looks pretty cool on sunglasses). The two infrared lights could of course be in the form of the wii sensor bar taped to the front of a cap.

Quote:You would than move with the nunchuk (the buttons on it for jumping, action), view around by tilting your head in the desired direction, and using the remote for shooting, weapons change.

With the wiimote technology this seems to be all possible, with a few differences in theory to your idea.
However this needs two sensor bars and two wiimotes (one for shooting, one for head tracking)

And here is a video from pretty much the creator of the technology,
(this video will likely blow your mind)

I've tried this, it really does change the way you see your monitor

Not sure about how this has progressed gamewise, but I have seen programs such as freetrack and trackIR which utilise this technology and apply it to most pc games.

EDITTonguelus, if you think that's cool, I just found another example.. Wait till halfway through the video (1:22) and watch her pop out of the screen!

and this one seems to be what your asking for but using just a webcam (watch the video);
http://torbensko.com/software/head_tracking/
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

wow the first video was really amazing Laugh, but i didn't really like the 2nd one :\ (didn't even notice much of how it looks 3D :\), and the last video (in the link) was really amazing!!! Laugh (you don't need a sensor bar or wii stuff Laugh Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
NinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinjaNinja
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

i will try this script if i get my wii in 3 days. i can only try kh1 because thats the only kingdom hearts game i legally own.

btw you could also have some codes with the motion plus addon if that could help with anything.
EDIT 6/17/09: Sorry about this double post and also i cant give feedback on this because i currently dont have possession of my pc as of this moment. I did manage to get a wiimote and nunchuck.
(06-01-2009, 06:54 AM)matteh Wrote: btw you could also have some codes with the motion plus addon if that could help with anything.

Sorry for the belated reply, been a little busy.. I haven't yet explored coding with the motion plus addon as I don't think glovepie supports it yet (I think development has kinda died). But it could be that when using the add-on, the motion sensitivity is increased automatically. I can't test this yet as I don't have and I don't really plan on buying motionplus.

Have you tried the game with the wiimote yet?
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Was trying to set up a normal joystick for Kingdom Hearts and found this. Much better using the Wiimote.
My nunchuck doesn't seem to work but the controls of my wiimote do.
But when I look at the picture from your settings I think I see whats wrong with mine.
The d-pad controls say 'hat switch...'. mine doesn't it says 'button 11,12,13 and 14'.
Could you tell me what I did wrong?

PS: Is it possible to do this so I can use my Wii classic controller ?

EDIT: Now it does say 'hat switch' for the d-pad but it doesn't work in the game yet.
I also noticed that in GlovePie it says: 'KINGDOM HEARTS II --Connect Nunchuk or 2nd Wiimote'
so I think it means it doesn't detect my nunchuck. But in the program WiimotLib it detects it when I connect my nunchuk.
It even detects it when I plug my Classic Controller and guitar in.
Has anyone tried this on Windows 7 64 bit? I have a feeling PPjoy wont work. Hopefully I'm wrong. So, anyone playing Kingdom Hearts with their Wii Remote on Win 7 64 bit?