Problem, lag and acceleration with GTX580, i7 965EX
Dolphin is a lot less CPU intensive than this emulator, mostly because of how the PS2 was made. I would recommend that you try speedhacks. Not much more you can do than that than overclock or upgrade to a faster dual-core CPU.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...

Sponsored links

indeed,3.2 ghz is enough to get playable speeds with this particular game, but not enough to get it running flawlessly, even when using gsdx hardware mode.
To avoid glitches, use software mode, but you will then need more than 4.2ghz to make it run @ playable speeds.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
if i change CPU, it's not a upgrade, it's downgrade... I have the fastest plateform aviable... :/
With OC @3.8ghz, dosen't change.
It's the fastest class, yes, but you can certainly find faster CPUs, especially dual-cores.

For example, here is one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

That one is a quad core, but for example, you could OC it to 4.2Ghz. Which, according to Jes, would run the game at full speed. In fact, it would probably be easier on the CPU because it has more threads to render from, although I don't know much on the subject. Of course, there are probably much better and cheaper dual cores for doing this if you take a look.

Just to sum it up, you are not going to run at full speed on software mode unless you overclock or upgrade or PCSX2 gets faster. Sorry.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-27-2011, 02:35 AM)drakal Wrote: if i change CPU, it's not a upgrade, it's downgrade... I have the fastest plateform aviable...

What's that? Faster than a 2500K @ 5.0Ghz, you say? lol

Sometimes you actually need Speedhacks. No processor available is god. Plain and simple.

Also, do you run with Hyper-threading on? Humor me, and disable it. Smile
(05-27-2011, 02:32 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: Dolphin is a lot less CPU intensive than this emulator, mostly because of how the PS2 was made. I would recommend that you try speedhacks. Not much more you can do than that than overclock or upgrade to a faster dual-core CPU.

indeed, dolphin is much more System ram bandwidth limited.
I think what he means to say is that he has the fastest processor for programs that utilize his extra cores or hyperthreading. Concerning gaming and PCSX2, the 2500K is definitely faster. But I think what he is experiencing is similar to the issue I was having. In Valkyrie Profile 2 my fps would be about 50 when running through certain areas, but otherwise would be a steady 60fps. My CPU usage would only be about 80 percent on all four cores after testing all the different settings when the fps were at 50. By enabling VU stealing it will say I am getting 60fps, but will actually slow down worse than when it was at 50fps. So it seems that at the moment on the user side there is nothing more that can be done. And from what this guy is saying, it seems he is having a similar problem, unless he did not properly test out all his options in PCSX2 settings.
(05-27-2011, 02:35 AM)drakal Wrote: if i change CPU, it's not a upgrade, it's downgrade... I have the fastest plateform aviable... :/
With OC @3.8ghz, dosen't change.
That doesn't mean it'll be enough, though...
Some game would require a CPU that doesn't exist yet to run @ full speed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
you have the platform with the most cores, its not necessarily the fastest.

infact, not only is the Core i7 2's 10% faster core for core, they also have twice as fast dram latching for dram writes, allowing systems with 1333 modules to keep up with the i7 9xx using DDR3 1600.

Code:
CPU                CPU Clock    Motherboard                Chipset        Memory            CL-RCD-RP-RAS    Write Speed
Core i7-2600        3400 MHz    Intel DP67BG                P67        Dual DDR3-1333        9-9-9-24 CR1    18609 MB/s
Core i7-920        3800 MHz    Asus Rampage II Gene        X58            Triple DDR3-1600    8-8-8-24 CR1    18248 MB/s
Core i7-920        3800 MHz    Asus Rampage II Gene        X58            Triple DDR3-1600    8-8-8-24 CR1    18248 MB/s
Core i7-990X        3466 MHz    Intel DX58SO2                X58        Triple DDR3-1333    9-9-9-24 CR1    12546 MB/s
Core i7-965        3200 MHz    Asus P6T Deluxe            X58            Triple DDR3-1333    9-9-9-24 CR1    12069 MB/s
Liquid Nitrogen overclock 8GHZ has to be king. I hear xeons are really good.