Resolved: [Bug Report] Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver 2 [PAL]
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Sponsored links

(01-25-2018, 11:42 PM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Hi... I need to do a correction on my previuos post...with lastest developtment build....the issue it still persists...Its very simple to reproduce:

1- Start the game
2- Wait to cinematics to finish (The First talk with Mobius cant be cancelled)
3- As soon as you got control of Raziel, Press Select Buttom and switch to the Spectral realm.
4- On the Spectral realm find the shining spot (on the same room) and to there.
5- On the spot.. Press Select Buttom and switch to the Physical Realm
6- Do steps 3 to 5 again to make sure that the bug will occur.
7- The sound gets corrupted but go and play the game (not too much ... you just need to kill 4 or 5 enemies to be on the Step 8)
8- On the first cinematic you have (after you killed those 4 or 5 enemies)...the game will looks like stucked on the cinematic (you can even press start buttom but the cinematic never ends) or you get and error message. In any case its unplayable.

I'm adding a few screenshots and the log they asked, of my 2 lastest test with rev 24b83fd.

log1.txt - log1.jpg: I got and error message.
log2.txt - log2.jpg: Cinematic Stuck.

In any of those test I didn't use a savestate. I always started a new game. In log1 I did a quick savestate but never loaded. Thanks and tell me if you need something more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   log1.txt (Size: 11,25 KB / Downloads: 278)
.txt   log2.txt (Size: 19,63 KB / Downloads: 250)
Distinguished Gentlemen,

any progress on this?
Right now there is no way to really play this game, other than hardware itself, if this bug persists. Since the PC port is quite hard to get to work properly and exhibits actually very similar audio problems.

It seems the last status was indeed softlock after custscene. Raziel cannot be moved.

Is there anyone working on this?
If you can test older PSCX2 versions and see if the bug still exists there, that will help.
I just tried it in PCSX2.v0.9.8-r4817.july.2011
No audio problems it seems to work fine (texture issues of course, since we got basic midmapping with 1.5)

Then tried with pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2640-g0cbbf2daf-windows-x86
Activated basic midmapping
Seemed great at first. However in the first problematic cutscene the audio did not play, a different audio file played and looped (an enemy yell from an enemy that is loaded in the room, but isnt active and should shout until the cutscene ends). So there was no narration.
This time it did not crash however. Still pretty key to have those audio lines of course.

https://puu.sh/BQhPK/eb4b488f1a.jpg

This is the scene in question where the issue usually happens the first time. And then often softlocks. Same location break the game also for the PC port on modern systems.

About the old version:
Actually I posted the string that my folder name is.
But the actual version string in the console and title is: PCSX2 0.9.9.r4816 - compiled on Jul 20 2011

I also double checked right now to make sure. The audio issue does not appear here, everything is fine aside the textures.
OK, could you try 1.0.0, 1.2.1 and 1.4.0 to see if the audio issue is there as well? This will help us track down what build caused it.
PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
expected texture issue.
no audio issues. no softlock.

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
same.

PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan 5 2016
same.

double checked with PCSX2 1.5.0-20181023165247 - compiled on Oct 23 2018
same audio looping issue, but again no softock. Just wanted to make sure.
This is how it looks / sounds. (I disabled midmaps to automatic, just to make sure its not actually related, so the textures exhibit the same problem)
Seems like the audio issue persist after the cutscene even.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16QGzGX...Kqfu2iTfb9

Let me know if you have any specific versions/commits between latest and 1.4.0 that would be useful to test.
Just to clarify, 1.2.1 and 1.4.0 are OK? It's just between 1.4.0 and the latest 1.5.0 build that have the issue now?
1.2.1 and 1.4.0 have only the midmap issue but seem to be work fine otherwise, indeed.

My friend used a rather recent ones somewhere in between > 1.4.0 and <= 1.5.0, cant confirm the exact version right now. This one had the audio issue AND a softlock afterwards. Tho the softlock could also come from pc difference maybe.

So yes 1.4.0 besides textures seems fine.
Can you upload a blockdump and a savestate(savestate from where the video begins) ?

If you're up for it maybe you can track down which build caused the regression.

The file contains most of the older 1.5 builds, rest are hereĀ https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Attached Files
.txt   1.5.0.txt (Size: 147,59 KB / Downloads: 600)