ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
(08-25-2015, 06:30 AM)Chris34 Wrote: Definitely not because of the SCP driver package. Something in your system is broken and/or blocking the install and/or the files from being copied in the repository folder for the install to proceed. I just tried on my system, the SCP folder/files are created in the repository folder when I install and the folder/files are deleted when I uninstall the drivers.

Have you tried to install with your antivirus off? If it works with your antivirus off/uninstalled, get a better antivirus. If you installed tweaks and/or some of the pseudo privacy (paranoia scripts) for windows 10 remove them, if you did and cannot remove them reinstall your OS and forget about these paranoia scripts. Also, try a sfc /scannow in cmd as administrator see if there isn't any broken system files.

The error code you get when the driver fails to install is

If that can give you a clue about what may be wrong with your system or be causing the problem

Alright, so i fixed my problem. I found the scpvbus folder in the recycle bin and restored it. No success. So i deleted it again and then deleted it from the recycle bin. Tried again. No success. I went into the system folder within the ScarletProductions bin folder and then installed the ScpVBus.inf file by right-clicking and selecting install. I ran the installer again and it successfully installed. This time with 5 successful installations rather than 4. It works finally and after restarting i found i had to manually start the service, even though its set for automatic start. Before I restarted it, the controller had a MAC Address,. After restarting, it only has zero's for its MAC Address and its value is just F's. Any idea what causing this?

*EDIT*: So i restarted the service and the MAC Address cam back, along with the value while its plugged in and says charging. My Bluetooth however will not work. Its value becomes all zero's and says none. It acknowledges that its using bluetooth but the LEDs just flash. It would be nice to get the bluetooth working as a feature although i'm so happy i got the controller working again. I attached the LOG files for the monitor and the server.

Attached Files
.xml   ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml (Size: 23,74 KB / Downloads: 505)
.xml   ScpDsxMonitor.log.xml (Size: 1,94 KB / Downloads: 517)
.xml   ScpDsxServer.log.xml (Size: 59,78 KB / Downloads: 543)

Sponsored links

How can I force the dpad to map to the left stick's directions, Up -> Up on Stick; I've noticed a few games don't recognize the dpad at all (final fantasy 7/8 on steam for example.) I tried in the profile manager, but it doesn't seem to work or I'm missing something I should be seeing.
(08-26-2015, 02:29 AM)JohnLoyd1 Wrote: Alright, so i fixed my problem. I found the scpvbus folder in the recycle bin and restored it. No success. So i deleted it again and then deleted it from the recycle bin. Tried again. No success. I went into the system folder within the ScarletProductions bin folder and then installed the ScpVBus.inf file by right-clicking and selecting install. I ran the installer again and it successfully installed. This time with 5 successful installations rather than 4. It works finally and after restarting i found i had to manually start the service, even though its set for automatic start. Before I restarted it, the controller had a MAC Address,. After restarting, it only has zero's for its MAC Address and its value is just F's. Any idea what causing this?

*EDIT*: So i restarted the service and the MAC Address cam back, along with the value while its plugged in and says charging. My Bluetooth however will not work. Its value becomes all zero's and says none. It acknowledges that its using bluetooth but the LEDs just flash. It would be nice to get the bluetooth working as a feature although i'm so happy i got the controller working again. I attached the LOG files for the monitor and the server.

I fixed mine! You were on to something alright, John. Though I initially tried installing it from the system folder you can find in the windows folder. Didn't work. Got a "cannot find file" error. But then I looked in the Scp folder itself and (like a tourist on a hiking trip) discovered that there's a system folder in the Scp folder too. So I went and looked there, found another ScpVBus.inf, installed that, rebooted, and promptly, the wrapper that simulates an xbox 360 controller installed the moment I got back into windows. And now it works once again without having to run the service (by actually running in the first place).

So thank you for pointing me in the right direction, John. And hopefully you can do something with this to fix future bugs like this, Nefarius.

*edit* I was mucking about with connecting and disconnecting the DS3 controller and that worked just fine. Except when I wanted to instead use an xbox 360 controller (don't judge me Tongue2), that one got recognized as a 2nd controller because the ScpServer was still running. Is there a way to easily turn it off without having to reboot the PC?
(08-26-2015, 09:44 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: I fixed mine! You were on to something alright, John. Though I initially tried installing it from the system folder you can find in the windows folder. Didn't work. Got a "cannot find file" error. But then I looked in the Scp folder itself and (like a tourist on a hiking trip) discovered that there's a system folder in the Scp folder too. So I went and looked there, found another ScpVBus.inf, installed that, rebooted, and promptly, the wrapper that simulates an xbox 360 controller installed the moment I got back into windows. And now it works once again without having to run the service (by actually running in the first place).

So thank you for pointing me in the right direction, John. And hopefully you can do something with this to fix future bugs like this, Nefarius.

*edit* I was mucking about with connecting and disconnecting the DS3 controller and that worked just fine. Except when I wanted to instead use an xbox 360 controller (don't judge me Tongue2), that one got recognized as a 2nd controller because the ScpServer was still running. Is there a way to easily turn it off without having to reboot the PC?

Not a problem! Glad it worked for you too! You can turn off the service via the services desktop app. Find the "SCP DS3 Service" and click stop. That should then allow you to connect the xbox controller without SCP ruining it. When you want to use SCP again just open Services again and click start and you should be good!
(08-27-2015, 12:39 AM)JohnLoyd1 Wrote: Not a problem! Glad it worked for you too! You can turn off the service via the services desktop app. Find the "SCP DS3 Service" and click stop. That should then allow you to connect the xbox controller without SCP ruining it. When you want to use SCP again just open Services again and click start and you should be good!

Yup, that works as advertised. Thanks : )

Now here's hoping future updates won't screw this up ^^;
So apologies as this is likely not an Scp specific question, but I was hoping to get some help.

I've successfully gotten two PS3 controllers to link to one bluetooth adapter through this Scp method. However, I notice that one controller is always designated as 'controller 1' and the other 'controller 2'. This is regardless if both controllers are on or just one.

With the PS3, the first controller activated was always 'controller 1.' Is there something I can do to bring back that type of operation?
(08-26-2015, 09:44 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: I fixed mine! You were on to something alright, John. Though I initially tried installing it from the system folder you can find in the windows folder. Didn't work. Got a "cannot find file" error. But then I looked in the Scp folder itself and (like a tourist on a hiking trip) discovered that there's a system folder in the Scp folder too. So I went and looked there, found another ScpVBus.inf, installed that, rebooted, and promptly, the wrapper that simulates an xbox 360 controller installed the moment I got back into windows. And now it works once again without having to run the service (by actually running in the first place).

Glad to hear you can enjoy your DualShocks now too Biggrin Unfortunately I can't really change anything here since the driver installation is done with Microsoft's official API - like it should - so if they fail... well, thank Microsoft for it Tongue
(08-28-2015, 06:26 PM)Nefarius Wrote: Glad to hear you can enjoy your DualShocks now too Biggrin Unfortunately I can't really change anything here since the driver installation is done with Microsoft's official API - like it should - so if they fail... well, thank Microsoft for it Tongue

Is that the visual studio thing that you need to install for it? Makes me wonder whether uninstalling and reinstalling it may work...

In any case, as I've said before, now at least it's clear what the issue is and this thread will hopefully serve to help others when they run into the issue.
My Bluetooth doesnt seem to be working. I've installed and uninstalled and have had no luck. Without SCP the bluetooth dongle appears under bluetooth in device manager as Generic Bluetooth Radio but with an alert with error code 10 (Device Cannot Start Error). I cant get this to go away at all which is annoying, since i dont know whats causing the error. When I install SCP it turns the dongle into a USB Device in device manager but keeps the name Generic Bluetooth Radio. I dont know why it wont work. when I unplug my controller the SCP Monitor says BTH 00000000 None. Do you think Ill have to just buy a new dongle?

Device Instance Path:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\5&2F98B38D&0&3

Hardware ID's:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

If I was to buy a new dongle, any recommendations?

Attached Files
.xml   ScpDsxInstaller.log.xml (Size: 152,09 KB / Downloads: 542)
.xml   ScpDsxMonitor.log.xml (Size: 1,33 KB / Downloads: 507)
.xml   ScpDsxService.log.xml (Size: 650,5 KB / Downloads: 506)
(08-29-2015, 06:35 AM)JohnLoyd1 Wrote: My Bluetooth doesnt seem to be working. I've installed and uninstalled and have had no luck. Without SCP the bluetooth dongle appears under bluetooth in device manager as Generic Bluetooth Radio but with an alert with error code 10 (Device Cannot Start Error). I cant get this to go away at all which is annoying, since i dont know whats causing the error. When I install SCP it turns the dongle into a USB Device in device manager but keeps the name Generic Bluetooth Radio. I dont know why it wont work. when I unplug my controller the SCP Monitor says BTH 00000000 None. Do you think Ill have to just buy a new dongle?

Device Instance Path:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\5&2F98B38D&0&3

Hardware ID's:
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0134
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

If I was to buy a new dongle, any recommendations?

It's not wise to try to install modified third party drivers when your device has issue with the generic/vendor drivers.

For the error codes, Google is your best friend. Always.

Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104

or have a look here, people having the same issue you have.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...f11?auth=1