Shadow of the Colossus !!!
pcsx2 has problem with bloom, haunting ground has lot of problems with this too

Sponsored links

pseudonym,
Every bug can be fixed, Gabest said that, linuzzapz said that, zerofrog said that.....
The problem is - to find the problem.
Excl The man will die, but not his ideas Excl
(06-25-2010, 12:33 PM)Linear Wrote: The problem is - to find the problem.

And that's exactly what I'm twying to do... Sometimes...
We all very grateful to you !!! And to all DEVs who created this beauty !=)
Excl The man will die, but not his ideas Excl
Today I made much better fix for Shadow of the Colossus overbrightening bug... Now it fixes overbright sky, but at the same time "creatures of darkness" do work as intended!!!

It is named "GSdx-SSSE3-r3296m-best-SotC-fix"
Who wants this one?.. Laugh

Those of you who already have the old version, you know where you may find new one... Right now I have it on IBBP, later on LAPTOP... Opera Unite rulezzz!!!

PS: That's not all... Just found an interesting line about TBP0=0x03fc0... THIS is overbrightening... Last time I halted 0x03d00... That was wrong, but worked... Narrowed down exact bugged function... I think so...
I didn't say it's not something I can fix, I just meant that it's something very much non-trivial.
(06-28-2010, 11:26 PM)pseudonym Wrote: I didn't say it's not something I can fix, I just meant that it's something very much non-trivial.

Yes, this is very non-trivial...
The game renders 8 surfaces... 6 of them are geometry, shadows and interface, 7th (3fc0) is some kind of overlay that enhances the bright areas, 8th (3d00) overlay that makes previous layer look blurry and for "dark creatures" rendering...
The problem is that 3fc0 is rendered using last framebuffer, all 8 layers, that means that 3fc0 and 3d00 layers are used to compute NEW 3fc0 layer too... After each frame it grows brighter and larger... I used debug mode step-by-step to find out how it works... There's no way to get part of Surfaces to compute new one... Hardware Framebuffer means "everything on the screen" in the current implementation...

I got interesting results when I disabled diffusion (3d00), but kept "overbrightening" (3fc0)... The area grows brighter, but not larger, and has sharp edges...
(06-29-2010, 01:53 AM)eliot_cougar Wrote: I got interesting results when I disabled diffusion (3d00), but kept "overbrightening" (3fc0)... The area grows brighter, but not larger, and has sharp edges...

Wow, that looks like a real HDR rendering in a Pc game, doesn't it? : D

Nice work Eliot! But could you make an SSE4.1 version of the plugin too ?
(06-29-2010, 04:37 PM)Innuendo Wrote: Nice work Eliot! But could you make an SSE4.1 version of the plugin too ?

No prob... Just added it to the "known" place... Smile
Thanks!
Hmm strange, it completely disables the bloom layer for me. Is it supposed to ?