Shadow of the Colossus !!!
About Pete's spu2, Its advatage is its disatvatage at the same time. ANd that is Asynchronous mode. The reason why you don't get any sound stuttering is because the plugin simply does not follow the speed of the emulation, wich is indeed a nice thing sometimes, but then there are the cutsenes... the sound ALWAYS gets out of sync...
And hey, full emulation speed is what I want anyway. Even if there was no stuttering. So I say full emu speed and spu2x is the answer for me.

I can't afford 1024 x 1024, I can only play on 800x600.
Besides... Why is it such a fashion with gsdx to use 1:1 ratio internal res?? Why not following the ratio of the output resolution ? Eg. 800x600 , 1024x768, 1600x1200 and so on...

Sponsored links

Well, I like Pete's plugin for its Async mode (and simple thread mode too) and for Gaussian interpolation - it sounds just like real PS2's sound =) And I like 1024x1024 because this mode pruduces less alias graphics Smile Of course we can set 2048x2048 mode and it will work like 8x supersampling antialiasing, but my GFX card can only afford 1024x1024 mode %) And I've tested GSDX hardware antialiasing (MSAA) - it works fine but with speed loss on my GeForce 260 Tongue

Besides, is it true that Jake.Stine broke BIOS CDVD booting branch ? I'am worried about it because it will break our gsdx's fooling technique :'(
Excl The man will die, but not his ideas Excl
(08-26-2009, 08:17 AM)Linear Wrote: Well, I like Pete's plugin for its Async mode (and simple thread mode too) and for Gaussian interpolation - it sounds just like real PS2's sound =) And I like 1024x1024 because this mode pruduces less alias graphics Smile Of course we can set 2048x2048 mode and it will work like 8x supersampling antialiasing, but my GFX card can only afford 1024x1024 mode %) And I've tested GSDX hardware antialiasing (MSAA) - it works fine but with speed loss on my GeForce 260 Tongue

Besides, is it true that Jake.Stine broke BIOS CDVD booting branch ? I'am worried about it because it will break our gsdx's fooling technique :'(

I haven't heard anything about hat, but to be honest, after some tesing, I found NO performace difference between the Linuz ISO plugin and CDVDolio Iso mode, so I still use the good ol' Linuz. And as for running a real disc, no and no.
God, I wish I had taken up on advenced informatics, back in highschool... If I was somewhat good at programming... I'm sure I could find what's the cockblock in the source code...
I bet it's not a big deal, I don't understand why they don't remove that postprocess disabling for the CRC, so many have asked it before.
I've tested EFP CDVD plugin, Linuzz CDVD and Gabest CDVDolio plugin with Final Fantasy X and CDVDolio needs less CPU cycles to perform loading operations, Final Fantasy X booted faster than with other plugin Smile
About highschool - this place can't give you high coding ability level, which needed for PCSX2 project. I learned programming in highschool and it's just not enough %) PCSX2 coders have large practical experience and cutting edge technology coding (parallel threading stuff, inline acceleration, etc...)

About broken BIOS booting brach - check this link:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list
Wait... do you compile your own verisons ? If yes, with what ?
(08-27-2009, 12:24 PM)Innuendo Wrote: Wait... do you compile your own verisons ? If yes, with what ?

Visual Studio 2008 like everyone else? There is even an extensive guide for it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-27-2009, 12:35 PM)Bositman Wrote:
(08-27-2009, 12:24 PM)Innuendo Wrote: Wait... do you compile your own verisons ? If yes, with what ?

Visual Studio 2008 like everyone else? There is even an extensive guide for it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html

Yeah yeah, i know... but gsdx still won't compile. I've integrated, lets see... microsoft platform SDK inculde files, DX SDK, sql server, glew, Nvidia CG, and still I get over 50 errors...
Sorry Innuendo, but I don't compile, my stuff is engineering, testing and bug searching Tongue
I've read it someplace, (could not find the source anymore, no atter how I searcjed for it :\ ) that the latest gsdx or pcsx2 or watherever disables the shadows in ICO. Wich had similar shadow bugs as SOTC. Is this true ? Anybody has an NTSC copy of the game around here ? I have a PAL but could not even start it up.
You know what I've been thinking about... I have a suspicion that the SOTC may run with the same graphic engine as ICO.
And we've recently discovered this CRC-fooling technique... What if, we cold fool the emu into thinking that it is ICO that it is running, and that way disable the shadows in SOTC ?
(09-04-2009, 10:29 AM)Innuendo Wrote: I've read it someplace, (could not find the source anymore, no atter how I searcjed for it :\ ) that the latest gsdx or pcsx2 or watherever disables the shadows in ICO. Wich had similar shadow bugs as SOTC. Is this true ? Anybody has an NTSC copy of the game around here ? I have a PAL but could not even start it up.
You know what I've been thinking about... I have a suspicion that the SOTC may run with the same graphic engine as ICO.
And we've recently discovered this CRC-fooling technique... What if, we cold fool the emu into thinking that it is ICO that it is running, and that way disable the shadows in SOTC ?

for ico i used gsdx r1479 and that one disabled the messed up shadows...i tried newer revisions but the shadows came back...so far i havent found any revision that disables the shadows in sotc...sucks i really wanna play the game but the shadows ruin it for me, too distracting

hopefully gabe can disable them somehow like in ico