Shadow of the Colossus !!!
@Innuendo: By dependencies Rama means, that you have to have w32pthreads.v4.dll in your pcsx2 folder... It has changed in r2910... And then you have to recompile your modified plugins to make them use w32pthreads.v4.dll too...

PS: I'm not a dev, but I may give some "support" from time to time...

Sponsored links

Oh, cool, rama cahnged the offset hack , it now works perfectly for SOTC again (r3011- )

Thanks a thousand times : ] *bows*
Hi, I don't want to be a pain - but I do have a question (issue?) with running Shadow and this seems to be a reasonable thread to ask in Tongue2

I was running shadow in 0.9.6 (works fine apart from the depth of field/bloom whatever effect being offset and the shadow problem); going through this thread it would appear that at some point in the 0.9.7 version these got fixed. So I decided to try the latest build 0.9.7.3113 which does fix the shadows (which is pretty f'en cool!) but the offset thing is still there.

I'm perfectly willing to live with it, but I am curious to know if there is a setting that I should have enabled, or some such. Anyways cheers xD
You need to add the "allowhacks = 1" line to the inis\GSdx.ini file then you can activate the offset hack in GSdx, should only work with scaling resolutions.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-08-2010, 07:01 PM)Stabby Wrote: Hi, I don't want to be a pain - but I do have a question (issue?) with running Shadow and this seems to be a reasonable thread to ask in Tongue2

I was running shadow in 0.9.6 (works fine apart from the depth of field/bloom whatever effect being offset and the shadow problem); going through this thread it would appear that at some point in the 0.9.7 version these got fixed. So I decided to try the latest build 0.9.7.3113 which does fix the shadows (which is pretty f'en cool!) but the offset thing is still there.

I'm perfectly willing to live with it, but I am curious to know if there is a setting that I should have enabled, or some such. Anyways cheers xD

Oh it's good for you, for me everything looks on the same way as it was on 0.9.6. Overbright lights, fuzzy shadows, etc. Put it all aside it's awesome!! Cool
I'm currently playing on hard mode but it's hard as hell Angry.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF
I may compile GSDX with disabled bloom effect (and "creatures of darkness") using the latest revision as a base... But I'm lazy now...
Old version works too, but it seems to have that "offset" problem at non-native resolutions...
Thanks for the replys! <3 to you Shadow Lady (and to those that actually made this work)! It's soooo pretty now! @ROG that's too bad, cuz other than the bloom everything looks like OOOOoooooo pretty.

Thanks everyone!
Okay, I've compiled an updated version of GSDX for SotC with disabled bloom effects using the latest snapshot... Offset hack works as intended... High resolution looks pretty...
I've sent PMs to everybody who downloaded my previous version long ago...
what is the exactly difference from the original gsdx?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-09-2010, 02:23 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: what is the exactly difference from the original gsdx?

The exact difference:
GSDX skips drawing the overlay surface where the game has it's Bloom effect and draws it's "creatures of darkness" and "darkening of dead colossi" effects... Everything else works exactly the same: Motion Blur, Shadows, Underwater effects...
See the attachment in the old post: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Shadow-of...#pid108748

Technically speaking, the mod contains one "if" statement and one ClearRenderTarget call instead of CopyRect...