Slow Motion... Please help
i bet his new video card will not run it's full-potential w/ an old CPU and motherboard.
and also newer video cards requires monitor's higher refresh rates via DP(display port).
if he has a monitor in a VGA ports and he has connecting though a HDMI to VGA adapter thing on his GTX 1660ti thing....i think that causes that slowdowns.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

That can true that the card isn't being used to its full potential. I get that SOCOM II can be graphically intense (I actually have this game, but I never tried it out in the emulator), but I'm pretty sure that the emulator can run games at full speed or near it at this point with the most advanced hardware money can buy. Could you post screenshots? There might be some fix(es) that needs to be turned on to address this issue or upgrade to a newer hardware but keep the GPU.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
as i expected GTX 1660Ti among the cheapest near-hi-end cards on the market...and beats the pricey RTX 2060..
and ray tracing doesnt need at this point on most PC games including pcsx2,rpcs3
It depends what games he/she wants to play through PCSX2. People should ask that first before stating to get which card Smile Also if the poster doesn't have that big of a budget AMD is always a welcome addition, sure OpenGL isn't running that great, but that's really situational like in which game for example.
(05-23-2019, 01:21 AM)smartstrike Wrote: AVX2 will not work on i7-2600 processor no matter what OS you haved......stay at AVX or sse 4.1
what is your OS.
AVX-requires Win7(SP1),win8,win10
AVX2-requires haswell processors or higher (core i-4???~above)+(win8.1~above)

P.S.:why do he heed to use sse2??
slowdowns expected.
I am running on Windows 10. 

(05-23-2019, 02:26 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i bet his new video card will not run it's full-potential w/ an old CPU and motherboard.
and also newer video cards requires monitor's higher refresh rates via DP(display port).
if he has a monitor in a VGA ports and he has connecting though a HDMI to VGA adapter thing on his GTX 1660ti thing....i think that causes that slowdowns.
Yes I am connecting to a display port without an adapter.

(05-23-2019, 06:13 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: That can true that the card isn't being used to its full potential. I get that SOCOM II can be graphically intense (I actually have this game, but I never tried it out in the emulator), but I'm pretty sure that the emulator can run games at full speed or near it at this point with the most advanced hardware money can buy. Could you post screenshots? There might be some fix(es) that needs to be turned on to address this issue or upgrade to a newer hardware but keep the GPU.
Which screenshots should I post? Sorry this is my first time using this emulator. I know a lot of people are playing SOCOM online without this problem and their builds are similar.

(05-23-2019, 09:25 AM)StriFe Wrote: It depends what games he/she wants to play through PCSX2. People should ask that first before stating to get which card Smile Also if the poster doesn't have that big of a budget AMD is always a welcome addition, sure OpenGL isn't running that great, but that's really situational like in which game for example.

It's SOCOM 2 US NAVY SEALS. I just want to play this one game so I don't really want to make any investments.
Try posting your emulation settings (all of them) and your Gsdx settings, including HW hacks.
PC Specs:
(05-23-2019, 05:57 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Try posting your emulation settings (all of them) and your Gsdx settings, including HW hacks.

Hey everything is on default. I didn't change anything.
Any other ideas? Sad
I'm sorry. I have no other ideas at all. I think the culprit is your hardware. The GPU is fine, but it's paired with a CPU that can't take advantage of the GPU's full potential. Like I suggested earlier, upgrade to a better PC or build one yourself. The GPU can be reused in this new PC as well. Make sure to look for PCs/parts that can cool down the components more efficiently and a CPU with at least 1800 STP. Otherwise, play this game with the PS2 that you have.
PC Specs:
i suggest you be require to change the motherboard and the CPU to it's modern models to avoid incompatability of your video card.
otherwise gaming performance between your old CPU and newest video card will be invalid.