Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
How will these games run on my system?

Okami
Katamari Damacy
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
God of War 2

Thanks in advance.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Sponsored links

(12-12-2010, 07:44 AM)jianmin Wrote: Hi guys, i'm totally new with this pcsx2 things coz I don't understand at all what change that made by change this and that (though i have read everything in this forum in 2 days)

I'm totally RPG-gamer, so I know most of my favorites game need high-spec.
So, anybody can tell me if my LAPTOP can play these games. If so, how to set it to get optimal-full speed?

Ex: Tales of the Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean 3, Wild Arms

i know star ocean 3 will probably be unplayable for you with those specs.
CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1090T @ 3.2 - 3.6(turbo)
RAM: 6gb ddr3 1333
GPU: ati hd 5770 1gb gddr5
thnx for the reply nezard , downloading the pcsx2 now Smile
@ jianmin:
It's gonna be rough. Your graphics unit is rather weak, so you better use native resolution. You're also going to need Speedhacks enabled, and may even end up setting the EE and/or VU slider(s) all the way up. Just a little trial and error on your part with a game, and you'll have a good idea wether or not you're going to find the game playable on your system. What is "good enough" for you I can't say, but expecting a full 60fps may be wishful thinking with those games. I don't know about Wild Arms, but I'd say Tales of the Abyss would play the best of the others, mainly because Star Ocean 3 and (I believe) Rogue Galaxy are more demanding on the GS (GPU). But hey, you should be able to play FFX well (and some other RPGs). Smile

@ Oemenia:
Your's is a bit better situation, with the added benefit of the Core i architecture giving a slight improvement over a Core 2 at the same clock (with PCSX2). That, and your GPU is much better. Graphics performance will rarely be limited by it on native resolution, and high resolution will be possible with a fair share of games.

With the three games you posted I can comment on (Shadow of the Colossus, God of War & God of War 2), You're still going to need Speedhacks to get any kind of playable speeds. You could basically follow the same advice I gave jianmin. Two tips I can give you, though; Shadow of the Colossus responds well to the VU Cycle Stealing, but God of War has a flickering Kratos issue with it.
(12-13-2010, 12:56 AM)Rezard Wrote: @ jianmin:
It's gonna be rough. Your graphics unit is rather weak, so you better use native resolution. You're also going to need Speedhacks enabled, and may even end up setting the EE and/or VU slider(s) all the way up. Just a little trial and error on your part with a game, and you'll have a good idea wether or not you're going to find the game playable on your system. What is "good enough" for you I can't say, but expecting a full 60fps may be wishful thinking with those games. I don't know about Wild Arms, but I'd say Tales of the Abyss would play the best of the others, mainly because Star Ocean 3 and (I believe) Rogue Galaxy are more demanding on the GS (GPU). But hey, you should be able to play FFX well (and some other RPGs). Smile

Honestly, I don't understand what you have typed. So, what I jst check the native resolution thing, without enabling the speed hack. Then POOF !! the game going for 50-60 fps. I haven't found any trouble yet..

Thank you very much, Rezard !!
Intel Core i5 650(3.20GHz)
6GB DDR3 640GB HDD Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 (1GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Can I run it at reasonable speed/fps?

also is ati radeon 2400 hd pro better thasn nvidia geforce gt 320? because I have this ati radeon 2400 hd pro laying around, I am not sure if its better than the geforce gt 320
i have used the pcsx2 on my computer and the game run smoothly , but if it comes to fmv scene the display become green (in FFX case only part of the display become green , i tried FF X-2 and it's totally green) , any suggestion to solve the problem?
(12-13-2010, 12:56 AM)Rezard Wrote: @ jianmin:

@ Oemenia:
Your's is a bit better situation, with the added benefit of the Core i architecture giving a slight improvement over a Core 2 at the same clock (with PCSX2). That, and your GPU is much better. Graphics performance will rarely be limited by it on native resolution, and high resolution will be possible with a fair share of games.

With the three games you posted I can comment on (Shadow of the Colossus, God of War & God of War 2), You're still going to need Speedhacks to get any kind of playable speeds. You could basically follow the same advice I gave jianmin. Two tips I can give you, though; Shadow of the Colossus responds well to the VU Cycle Stealing, but God of War has a flickering Kratos issue with it.
Thanks for the info. Quick question, how will FMVs suffer?

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

(12-02-2010, 03:12 AM)Burnstien Wrote: thank you rezard for responding to my post. Can't wait to abuse ps2 games on pcsx2, other comp coudnt play anything good.

hi, did you already try to use the program, i do but i still can't make the program to recognize the thuban as aSSE3 capable processor so i have to use the GSdx for SSE2 and it sucks.

i have a 1090t, 4gigs ram and a nvidia gt240, how it went with you pc?
Hey guys, can we be playable with the laptop MSI GX723?

The Specs are:

Core 2 Duo P8700 2,53Ghz
4gb DDR2
500Gb Hard Drive
GeForce GT 130M
Windows 7 Home Edition