Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(04-01-2011, 12:45 PM)tuanming Wrote: Even on Windows 7, you'd still need to manually update DX9 to the latest version.

Using PCSX2, the DirectX9 recommended files to make it work -at least- are already installed on windows... unless he needs a specific revision of directx9 for a specific game (some games require newer files) , which is not the case here.

Sponsored links

Having directX10 installed on your computer doesn't mean you have the latest DX9 installed, it's always good to check that you have the latest since as GSDx gets updated, it uses the latest DX libraries and thus requires the latest DX installed.
yeah is very fun Laugh the only problem is the graphic that is a bit low Tongue what is the recommed internal resolution? i have try to put off native and use 800 x 600 internal resolution and seem to be much better than native.. there is something better? with 1024 x 768 i have low fps so think that is the best for my pc 800 x 600 internal res.. (i use 1600x900 res in my pc)
ah so i must upgrade my directx? when i have install pcsx2 there was a directx that have automatic installed.. if i do execut dxdiag it tell me that i have directx 11 and i remember 2 years ago that there was an option in pcsx2 (not remember the build maybe 0.9.5 or 0.9.6) in plugin gsdx to put directx 11 hardware and i remember that the speed change a lot.. (with dbz budokai tenchaichi 3, don't know other game) but now i don't remember how to have gsdx directx 11 :/
^^upgrading to the latest version of directx9 is a good thing, but it won't give significant change in performance.

What I mean is that PCSX2 0.9.7 r3878 works flawlessly with the directx9 version installed by default on windows 7 .
Hello everyone,

I might by planning on buying a new laptop. It's an HP dv7-4285dx.

Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5 460M at 2.53GHz (turbo boost up to 2.8GHz)
RAM: 6GB DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6370

I was wondering how good PCSX2 could run on this. Possibly Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy? Thanks.
There are many kingdom hearts and final fantasy titles for the ps2 Wink

That laptop will just barely squeak into the "playable" line. The average PS2 game (First kingdom hearts, FFX, most 2d games, etc) should run alright with the occasional slowdown while high end games (Metal Gear Series, ZoE, WWE titles, DBZ TB3) will either be unplayable or less than ideal.
what games run fast on my computer
any games which run with forty+ fps on my pc
my pc specs
intel I3 processor 3.0 ghz
graphic card:intel hd-br1004-01Y1
@Koji

I wouldn't consider DBZ: TB3 a demanding game, at least not on my system. I get like high 70~ fps or more in that game. I wish I could do that with ZOE series/games.
I thought I heard it was, I guess I was mistaken. Don't have the game myself Wink

abhirulz: 2d games should work well... maybe some graphically simple 3d games as well but I don't have a list on me, luckily there is a thread in general called something like "easy to emulate PS2 games" and you can check the list there. The thing is, if you managed to get a better video card you'd play quite a few games quite well.
Thanks Koji, but one more thing.

Sorry for all the questions. Can this laptop run at decent speed for FFX or KH?:

Lenovo V560-43422GU

Processor: Intel Core i3 380M at 2.53GHz
RAM:4.00GB
Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

This one is way cheaper than the other one, pretty much $300 cheaper.