Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Yes, a GTX 460 is a better choice than a 9800GT. Not that it would be too much better for PCSX2, but native PC games will run much better. If you go that route, I'd say you should go for one of the GTX 460 cards with 1GB RAM and a 256-bit bus.

Instead of going for a Core 2 Duo, you could consider a higher clocked Pentium Dual Core with a higher clockrate. A high enough clock would provide better and better overall speed, even with games like MGS3. If you were not able to, or going to OC, then something like a Pentium Dual Core E6800 (3.3Ghz) would be very pleasing for it's price.

Sponsored links

I know Pentiums don't support SSE4.1, is that going to make a difference at all (It might be a stupid question)? And if I use it for newer PC games (I know this is a little off topic), is it going to be good with a GTX 460?
No, you're not gonna miss out on much extra speed from SSE4.1. Not enough to merit an extra ~$50. Likewise, a few more Mhz is more beneficial than SSE4.1 (over SSSE3).

And yes, a GTX 460 works great with newer PC games.
Ok, thanks for all your help.
I think that's all the questions I have, unless I really need to ask another.
E6800 3.3GHz $99
E6500 2.9GHz $79

If you don't plan on overclocking or want to overclock but is limited or locked by the motherboard, then spend the extra $20 and get yourself a free overclocked speed at 3.3GHz. The gtx 460 would be a nice supplement to your new cpu.
Hey Tuanming,
I think I'm just going with the e6800 because it's a high clock and I don't really plan on overclocking anytime soon.
Hey guys im not really sure how fast PCSX2 will be on my computer but it seems I have all the good specs listed when reading the first post. Here they are anyway:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz
RAM: 4GB (only under 3GB used due to 32bit)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5750

I mainly want to play Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call/Nocturne and after that I want to play Zone of the Enders. Will I be able to play the games fine without slowdowns or so?
The faster the processor the better.... 2.4ghz is on the low end and will give poor performance in a lot of games, though not necessarily unplayable. Depends on your tastes for that one.

I can't tell you exactly how SMT games will play besides persona 3/4 (as those are all I have) but from what I've heard via the forum ZoE is one of the harder to emulate games and you'll likely get unplayable results for it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
In general, your CPU clock is just a little low. Not too low, but you probably will see slowdowns sometimes. Use Speedhacks to help compensate for your slower clock. Most games should be fairly playable, though. I can't comment on all the games you've mentioned myself, but I can say ZOE is a little more intensive. Don't let it surprise you if it does see some slowdowns.
AMD Phenom™ II N620 Dual-Core Processor
4 GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
1.9 video RAM

it doesnt seem like the video card is good enough, so I'm wondering if it could somehow manage persona 4.