Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Interesting indeed.

Anyway I was playing Grandia 3 and it was killing my Laptop Core2Duo 2.4ghz HD3650.
The prerendered scenes are super slow.
But ever since I got my rig( Core i5 2500k OC 4ghz with gtx 560), The game gave me no trouble. =D

It really is nice to have a strong CPU, you can play just about any game(except the few incompatible ones).

Sponsored links

Heyy. I'm new to this site. I've recently installed PCSX2 0.9.6 (i believe, not currently at my own computer) and tried testing it with kingdom hearts 2. I'm currently running:

> AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3GHz
> 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 Hyper X RAM
> Asus GTX260
> Windows XP SP3

Is it normal for me to experience the stuttering ever now and again? If not, is there anything i can change to cure this.

use 0.97 as a start
Stutter every now and again? Are you playing directly off the game disc, or did you make an ISO of it and use that? Do the ISO thing if you haven't. (Try Imgburn)

You have a nice GPU, so no problems there, unless you're pushing the internal res quite high. Your biggest hinderance is your CPU (due to it's age). If you can, overclock it as much as possible (not beyond comfort, though).

In the end, overclocking can only help so much in your case. Consider it percentage based, and your CPU only has so much to work with. You should also consider Speedhacks to help a slower game.

One last thought: Upgrade to Windows 7 and take advantage of your GPU's DX10 capabilities.
Rezard, Would it run better if I installed a HD 5770? (the best card I can use with my current power supply)
How about my Wal-Mart laptop? Laugh (I'm a noob btw.. go easy on me)

Processor Intel Pentium CPU P6200 @2.13GHz (2 CPUs), 2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM - 4.00 GB or 3.68 useable
DirectX 11
Display Adapter: (LOL) Intel HD Graphics.

PCSX2 0.9.7 r3878 Settings.
GS: GSDX 3693 SSSE3 0.1.16. Renderer Direct3D9 (Hardware), Native, Logarithmic Z, 8-bit Textures, Alpha Correction (FBA) Enabled.

SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0. Interpolation: 1 - Linear and Disabled Effects proccessing.

Emulation Settings. EE/IOP - EE/FPU Chop / Zero. Clamping Mode set to None. Flush to Zero and Denormals are checked.

VUs: VU0 SuperVU Recompiler [Legacy]. VU1 SuperVU Recompiler [Legacy]
VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options:
Round Mode: Chop / Zero. Clamping Mode: Non. Flush and denormals checked.

GS (Framelimiter). Dunno what to put here.. I just play with it.

Speedhacks: Enabled. EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing~ I'm always changing these to test.

I have an gaming desktop, but I just wanted to try it out on this cheap laptop. I played with the settings for awhile and it has come down to this.

Final Fantasy X: Runs great for the most part although I have to constantly press F4 and F9 for inside/outside battles and in some other areas/screens to keep everything running at the correct FPS. Sometimes it'll go all crazy and hit 140 FPS (lol?) and i'll run in hyperspeed mode... Once I move on to a fight it then decreases and jumps down to about 71-93 FPS. At that point it is just going from slow-mo to normal speed to faster than normal speeds. Dunno what i'm doing wrong but hey.. I never knew what the hell I was doing in the first place. Though I am having fun playing around with PCSX2 settings. Any suggestions are welcome.. If you need more info just let me know.
(12-10-2008, 03:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Originally posted by Refraction

If you have come here to ask this question, the answer is here, there is no point in making a thread about it. Look down the list for your hardware, you will get a fair idea of your system and how it will perform, if there are any additional hardware reply below with the additions, DO NOT reply if you are just going to ask "Will my system work? i have blah blah" because all you will get is a warning.

Will my game work?

If you have reasonable specs to those posted below but want to know if your game works, check out the Compatibility List before posting.

Processors:

Won't work or barely do anything:

Intel Pentium
Intel Pentium II
AMD Athlon (non-XP)
AMD Thunderbird
AMD Duron

Will work, but very slowly, possible problems:

Intel Pentium III
Intel Celeron (any P3 and above series)
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Sempron
AMD Turion

Will work without compatibility problems, but will run slowly:

AMD Athlon 64 Single Core
AMD Opteron Single Core
AMD Athlon FX Single Core
Intel Pentium IV (4)
Intel Pentium D - Probably works best in this group
Intel Pentium M (Dothan)

Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):

AMD Athlon FX Dual Core
AMD Opteron Dual Core
AMD Athlon X2 (and Turion laptop equivalent)
AMD Phenom
AMD Phenom II
Intel Core 2 Duo (and laptop Core Duo equivalent)
Intel Core 2 Quad
Intel Core i 5
Intel Core i 7

Laptop Processors:

We do not recommend the use of any laptop machines on the emulator unless otherwise mentioned above, if it supports SSE2 then it may work. if it does not have SSE2 then it is likely it will be extremely slow and have emulator compatibility problems.

Graphics Cards:

Won't work (or very unlikely to) - Maybe possible with GSDX Software Mode (V. Slow):
Geforce 3 or below
Geforce 4 MX series - confirmed to be working but very slowly
ATi Radeon 8xxx series and below
ATi Radeon 9100
Most onboard graphics cards (excluding the GeForce 61X0 series and 5200 Go)

Will work but require GSDX - Very poor performance:

Radeon 9200 - Reported to work with ZeroGS too!
Radeon 9250
Intel GMA950 - confirmed to work
Geforce 4

Will work on both graphics plugins, but possibly poor performance

Radeon 9500 to 9800 series
Radeon X300 to X8x0 series
Geforce 5200 (Go included) to 6500 series (also including
Geforce 61x0 onboard series)
Geforce 7100

Will work at a reasonable to very good level of speed with both plugins:

Geforce 6600 series and above (excluding above mentioned)
ATi Radeon X1300 series and above - need confirmation for X1300

Recommended Processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster

Recommended VGA cards:

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
ATI Radeon 4750 or better

Other Hardware Recommendations:

512 mb or above of System Memory:
Windows XP With Service Pack 3
Windows 2000
Windows XP 64 With Service Pack 1

1 GB or above of System Memory:
Windows Vista 32/64
Windows 7 32/64

And that's it! Nothing else is very important when it comes to system requirements, i hope that just cuts down the number of "Will it work" threads! Smile
i got a AMD Phenom™ 8750 Triple-Core Processor 2.40 GHz.. it is still slowmotion can i fix it?

(04-28-2011, 09:24 PM)Dropinbodys24-7 Wrote: Rezard, Would it run better if I installed a HD 5770? (the best card I can use with my current power supply)

A Radeon HD 5770 is a very ideal GPU for PCSX2. It's performance well justifies it's price (around $110 IIRC).

(04-28-2011, 09:45 PM)Soren Wrote: How about my Wal-Mart laptop? Laugh (I'm a noob btw.. go easy on me)

Processor Intel Pentium CPU P6200 @2.13GHz (2 CPUs), 2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM - 4.00 GB or 3.68 useable
DirectX 11
Display Adapter: (LOL) Intel HD Graphics.

It appears you realize your biggest (or most common) hold up. It's doing what it can, and your performance sounds about right. You really see the GPU hold it back sometimes, like when in battles (perhaps when Lulu casts "Fire"). BTW - When you disable the framelimiter (F4), it allows the FPS to exceed 60fps (that hyperspeed mode). I'm not sure that's necessary...

Don't expect too many games to be as playable as FFX, though. Wink

(04-28-2011, 11:06 PM)MiQuisite Wrote: i got a AMD Phenom™ 8750 Triple-Core Processor 2.40 GHz.. it is still slowmotion can i fix it?

There's only so much you can do. Being an early AMD doesn't make the clock rate as effective as it could be, and a relatively low 2.4Ghz doesn't help, either.

You best approach at "fixing it" would be to use Speedhacks, and consider (if possible) overclocking your CPU. Even doing both, you'll still find some "heavy" games to be rqther slow.
First generation phenom don't overclock well... like at all. He may get 2.6-2.7ghz but it won't help his performance much.
Hi, there!

Well, I don't know much about emulators or configurations... I just followed the forum's instructions. I've been playing some games (P3, P4 and DMC3) perfectly but when I tried Kingdom Hearts 2 it was TOO slow... I don't know if I'm having problems because my laptop's OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Btw, I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7-

My specs:
Intel Core i7 @ 2.00 up to 2.90 GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB
Windows 7 64-bit

Please, help me...