Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(04-30-2011, 08:07 PM)Serasul Wrote: than i deinstall the emulator and save money for an real ps2........

Why not use the PS2 you extracted your BIOS from?

You ever read the rules? Rolleyes

Sponsored links

(04-30-2011, 08:20 PM)Rezard Wrote: Why not use the PS2 you extracted your BIOS from?

You ever read the rules? Rolleyes

she died last month Sad

the bios is from a friends ps2 and he is living with his GF far away
Hello everyone! Ye s have read the first post.. but i still have a question, i recently downloaded the PCSX2 and am have some issues, Ive tried running my Final fantasy XII on my PC i have been able to run it but once it gets to actual gameplay the fps drops to 15-22 fps x-x i am just wondering if my computer can handle it? here is my specs.. Thank you for your time!
Intel Pentium D CPU : 3.4ghz -> not sure if this is good or not?
Ram 0.99GB
Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Intel GMA 3000) -> i think this is the GPU?? lol

Games tested with: DVD of Final Fantasy XII
(05-01-2011, 03:30 AM)SamuriX Wrote: Hello everyone! Ye s have read the first post.. but i still have a question, i recently downloaded the PCSX2 and am have some issues, Ive tried running my Final fantasy XII on my PC i have been able to run it but once it gets to actual gameplay the fps drops to 15-22 fps x-x i am just wondering if my computer can handle it? here is my specs.. Thank you for your time!
Intel Pentium D CPU : 3.4ghz -> not sure if this is good or not?
Ram 0.99GB
Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Intel GMA 3000) -> i think this is the GPU?? lol

Games tested with: DVD of Final Fantasy XII

Quote:Will work without compatibility problems, but will run slowly:

AMD Athlon 64 Single Core
AMD Opteron Single Core
AMD Athlon FX Single Core
Intel Pentium IV (4)
Intel Pentium D - Probably works best in this group
Intel Pentium M (Dothan)

Your integrated GPU isn't helping either.

I see... so i hate to ask this since i am a newbie to this stuff but is there any way i can get the PCSX2 running faster? any setting Recommendations? in the emulation settings or plugins? i looked at my device manager it said i had 2 intel pentium D 3.4GHz processors ... thanks again! and if this reply stepped out of bounds or broke any rules ..let me know im sorry x-x
No, no rules broken Wink

You can try using native resolution in the graphics options and settings clamping to none and try using SuperVU instead of MicroVU, but all of that together will probably only net you another 10% or so to your speed and will negatively impact compatibility.
i hv intel core i3, 4 GB DDR 3 RAM, ATI 5470 1 GB VC.
But still my game run too slow.
Wat should i do to run game faster & smoother. Plz help
I hv intel core i3, 4 GB DDR 3 RAM, ATI 5470 1 GB VC.
Wat should i do to run game faster & smoother. Plz help...
Speed of the processor is very important... Saying it's an i3 doesn't tell us if it's fast enough for emulating the PS2.
Isn't that like...spam? lol. If it were in 4 different languages, it's understandable but

-darksiders
What you should do? Upgrade PC lol
Okay. Isn't a new version supposed to be better than an old one?

I never managed to get Xenosaga running on 0.9.7 without the monstrous lag in the cutscenes, using any combination of settings.

I have decided to try out the old 0.9.6 I had installed but almost never used. I have found settings which allow me to run the game perfectly, outside of a stutter or two every once in a while in the cutcsenes(for about a second or two, nothing serious). I am happy with it and obviously will play on 0.9.6 if the newer version doesn't work properly.

My question is, why can't I find the correct settings on the new version?
Why are most of the menus and settings different?
In the upcoming 0.9.8 version will they be all new again?
Do I have to go on another tedious testing session to find the correct settings?

If I give you a short list of my 0.9.6 emulation/video settings, will someone give me a screencap of the corresponding ones on 0.9.7?

If it would be better, I will wait for 0.9.8 and try the same things again, so I won't have to ask the same questions soon.