Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(06-29-2012, 11:07 AM)Bositman Wrote: You should try, but just for the lols Tongue Seriously now, you could get some 2D games working well but that's about it I'm afraid

haha nah, not really worth the effort, i wanted to get shadow of the colossus and chaos legion goin but... meh, i was jus tired of all the scratched disks. ill jus go on with N64, GBA, and SNES emulators
(not that i didnt want this to work for me haha)

thx anyways

Sponsored links

Hi, I'm trying to decide on what I want in my next computer (finally feasible to have a desktop), and I'm wondering if I could play what I imagine are more demanding games like Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy XII, or Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria at 1080p with 3x or 4x scaling with the following:

CPU: i5 2500K
GPU: Radeon HD 6950 2GB
RAM: 2x2GB

I might drop down to an HD 6870 1GB if that would still work fine, but I'm not confident how well it'd cope with 3x or 4x. Alternatively, I might jump to an HD 7850 if I can get one at a good price, but at the moment I'm aiming for the 6950.

Any assistance would be much appreciated; thank you very much!
that PC is great one more thing :

PCSX2 is rather CPU demanding rather than GPU when you play a game there is a chance that you got CPU bottlenecked other than GPU
unless you plan on 4-6 x native Smile now that's need some serious GPU raw power Laugh

6950 is just great and after looking @ the prices of kelper and 7XXX series that would be you best option Smile
Just curious on how well I could run Dark Cloud 1 on this, haven't installed PCSX2 yet.

RAM: 1916 MB (No clue what this means. ._.)
Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU
Graphics: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Chipset Family

It's a laptop, and about 4 years old now? I think this is the info I needed to post, if not I can change it.

How well would I run?
baaaadly.
your GpU is crap, and I have the feeling your CPU won't help either.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Figured.

Good to know before I installed anyways.
Hi all guess what I am going to ask,

Specs:
I7-3770k 3.50 ghz
Nividia GTX 570
Kingston SSD 120 GB (SSD's won't cause any problems for pcsx2 I hope)

Is this enough to play even GoW 2 and KH without overclocking my CPU?

Also another question and I hope this is not completely offtopic.

In other emulators like VBA it is possible to increase the game speed to lets say 200%. Is this generally possible, and if yes is my PC good enough to do it (For FF X as an example)?

Thanks in advance
(07-02-2012, 11:56 PM)Gonzo Wrote: In other emulators like VBA it is possible to increase the game speed to lets say 200%. Is this generally possible, and if yes is my PC good enough to do it (For FF X as an example)?

It is possible, simply press TAB button...
Hey guys. Hate to just throw out this question. Ive done
A search and read the pertaining FAQ and according to it I SHOULD be able to run psx2 no problem but I want to make sure before I lose my mind on my
Laptop for no reason.
I'm runnin an: ASUS K52JR X2
Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i3 i3-350M ( Dual-Core )
Memory: 4 GB / 8 GB (max)
Hard Drive:640 GB - 5400
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Video Memory1 GB DDR3 SDRAM

And all my specs check out but I'm worried about my core i3 as its only Rolling 2.26 ghz (like a BOSS!) and a 3.5 or 2.8 is recommended heavily. I know psx2 is CPU heavy so I foresee problems there. Am I le'fuqed? Or can I run some
Of the lower end games without my puter taking a le'sheet on me?

Danke sehen psx2-ers

Edit: not that it's super relevant as its not just an ISo
I'll be running but an ISo AND a game i can run a few games without issue on my
Pc
Elder scrolls: skyrim
Nfs: prostreet
Starcraft 2
All run with NO issues, even on highest settings

NSF:shift/shift2 run but are twitch and laggy. After searching NSF forums it seems this is a common problem even with higher end pcs and is most likely a controller driver issue And not a px issue(not relavent but fun FYI Laugh)

Another question; can I map the inputs for psx2 to an Xbox360 controller? Or am
I buying a ps controller in the near future.
Low end game will run fine. Some CPU Demanding games will heavily lag. The Graphics Card is quite good for a Laptop. But remember that its laptop and will have several problem (heating etc.) with PCSX2.

And Do not compare PC with PCSX2. They are totally different things. PCSX2 is much more demanding that PC Games at highest Settings.

Yes you can use XBox 360 Controller with PCSX2 Lilypad Plugin. Check that XInput (for 360 Controllers) in Lilypad.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]