Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(07-04-2012, 02:04 PM)recoder Wrote: Low end game will run fine. Some CPU Demanding games will heavily lag. The Graphics Card is quite good for a Laptop. But remember that its laptop and will have several problem (heating etc.) with PCSX2.

And Do not compare PC with PCSX2. They are totally different things. PCSX2 is much more demanding that PC Games at highest Settings.

Yes you can use XBox 360 Controller with PCSX2 Lilypad Plugin. Check that XInput (for 360 Controllers) in Lilypad.

Muchos gracias and thanks man! I appreciate your time spent answer my questions. Is there perhaps a way I can remedy the low ghz issue aside from a new CPU/computer by chance or am I sol on that end?

Also I've never had a heating issue this far and I have a cooling system setup for the puter so I don't foresee to much of an issue there. The system I have now is just a heat soak pad and a twin
Fan system an Ive never even had to use the fan part as of yet. Any recommendations on cooling?

Sponsored links

Wink 
its difficult to actually modify a laptops internal cooling - usually because its A) not very good and B) theres no room

normally one of those fan stands is pretty adequate (you said you had something sorted)

if you have problems try a bigger fan XD

for the cpu, try making sure you are in "high performace" mode not low power.... and try looking into the power settings to make sure it isnt idling your CPU - or running it at 90%

some cpu's benefit from turning off the turboboost (someone a bit more experienced can inform you)

also, the MTVU hack will work wonders with you - since the mobile i5 chips have 4 cores
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(07-04-2012, 02:50 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: if you have problems try a bigger fan XD

Or a table fan... Wacko
(07-04-2012, 02:50 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: normally one of those fan stands is pretty adequate

(07-04-2012, 02:55 PM)Archerko Wrote: Or a table fan... Wacko

Fan stand means table fan lol
(07-04-2012, 02:50 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: its difficult to actually modify a laptops internal cooling - usually because its A) not very good and B) theres no room

normally one of those fan stands is pretty adequate (you said you had something sorted)

if you have problems try a bigger fan XD

for the cpu, try making sure you are in "high performace" mode not low power.... and try looking into the power settings to make sure it isnt idling your CPU - or running it at 90%

some cpu's benefit from turning off the turboboost (someone a bit more experienced can inform you)

also, the MTVU hack will work wonders with you - since the mobile i5 chips have 4 cores

Ok, thats reassuring. You've no idea how much of a hassle
It is to get freon as a private buyer here, even a little bit. Almost a shame though. I was thinking of trying to turn a hot plate into a "cold plate" to keep the old ass-us cool. Oh well

Thanks guys, cheers
i have intel atom 1.6hz ram 1gb 32 operating system can i play psp games faster like
dbz infinte world
(07-05-2012, 12:37 PM)kenly34 Wrote: i have intel atom 1.6hz ram 1gb 32 operating system can i play psp games faster like
dbz infinte world

Wrong forum? Wacko

Edit: Oh just found out that the game was PS2's...

Sorry, your CPU were too weak for PCSX2 emulation, better continue playing it on your PS2 then...
I've been using PCSX2 for awhile now, and it works good.. Just every now and then some games drop down to about 30's fps for 30 seconds to a minute then go back up to around 60-70fps. I have speedhacks enabled as well as native, My computer supports the shaders and D3D 9+10 is supported.
System specs:

EDIT: This is an Acer Aspire 5560-7638 laptop

" AMD Quad-Core Processor A6-3400M APU with Turbo CORE tech 1.40GHz up to 2.30 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6520G with 512 MB Graphics system memory
6 GB DDR3 Memory installed
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit "
Hope that is detailed enough, I know I can run it, but is there any tips as to what else I can do to speed things up?
( looking at it 1.40GHz is probably not good enough but I am running at 2.30GHz when I play, maybe 2.30GHz isn't quite enough to be as good as i want it? Thanks for any advice! -Jay
I just bought a laptop like two hours ago, through dell. I'm going to post my specs on here, so you all can tell me if I could run anything. =D

Inspiron 15 (N5040)- Dell the one for $399- Didn't add anything to it
Tech Specs
Processor
Intel® Pentium® processor P6200 (2.13Ghz, 3MB Cache)
Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Memory
4GB Single Channel DDR3 1333MHz
Chipset
Mobile Intel® 5 series express chipset HM57
Video Card
Intel® HD Graphics
Hard Drive
500GB4 SATA hard drive (5400RPM)

Processor- http://ark.intel.com/products/50176/Inte..._13-GHz%29
Virtually nothing. Both your CPU and GPU are quite old, which is Arrandale from 2010. The CPU is of low end class, and the GPU is integrated.

There is still some hopes left with 2D games at native resolution. Metal Slug Althology for example; I'm sure it will run at full speed.