Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Persona 3 and Persona 4.
Final Fantasy 10 and 12 as well as X-2.
Tales of The Abyss and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.
The ones I were worrying about were Shadow of the Colossus,Rachet and Clank: Up your Arsenal, and all the Xenosaga Games. I know those ones are supposed to be very demanding on the Cpu. Playable for me isn't really full speed. Those games really aren't my biggest worries though. Thank you for your fast response.

Sponsored links

While just a CPU is enough for some of these games and some don't, what I'm really pushing towards is your desire for light gaming. One CPU on emulated games is fine, but with that one CPU towards games that are the likes of TF2 and CS:GO and others, a GPU is necessary. If you go out with a laptop with no GPU for emulation AND light gaming, you're going to have a bad time.
Ok. Thanks for the reply. Team Fortress two was one of the games I was going to play anyway.
I was going to have it plugged in a decent amount of the time so turbo boost should kick in when there's not much heat still making the Cpu better than mine.
Besides the one with the Radeon Has a 7200Rpm Drive Vs 5400 Rpm so That's another advantage. The cost difference is also minimal.
i have just purchased a laptop that has
Intel HD graphics family(don't know what exactly it is...sorry)
Intel I5 4210U~up to 2.7GHz turboboost.

Will PCSX2 have reasonable speed on my laptop?(like 50~60% of original speed?)
what games do you own?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Kingdom hearts 2
it will be mostly at or near full speed. The biggest drop will probably be when you fight Axel in twilight town.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-26-2014, 08:48 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: it will be mostly at or near full speed. The biggest drop will probably be when you fight Axel in twilight town.

Anything dealing with smoke or fire is hard for the emulator to emulate. Its so intensive, especially fire for all games.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(12-25-2014, 07:49 AM)ssakash Wrote: since, it has a dgpu then, why upgrade the single channel ram to dual channel ? it won't get much performance boost by that process. but, overall this system is quite good in playing most ps2 games.

I'm purchasing this laptop mostly for scientific computing and programming where the RAM helps. PCSX2, and gaming in general, is just a nice after thought. Despite common belief, your RAM actually matters. I recently upgraded from dual channel DDR3 2133 at 10-11-10-29, to quad channel DDR3 2133 at 15-15-15-27, which resulted in a massive performance boost, despite the individual DIMMs being slower.

Also, if I get a laptop (instead of upgrade my current desktop in my sig (yes upgrade the beast)) I would be getting a Sager NP7358 instead.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
THank you Nobbs66

When you do emulation, which one is more important? CPU speed or GPU speed?
Kinda surprised that itwill be near full speed even with INtel HD graphics family.

Also, will it run Siren 2 or SIren New translation? Thank you.

By the way,