Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Am i better to look for a better base clock or a a CPU that can Turbo just as high or even higher?

I keep seeing i3's with a clock of 3.5Ghz or more and then i5's with a base clock of around 3Ghz but can turbo to 4Ghz?

Sponsored links

(05-05-2020, 11:46 AM)hallda12 Wrote: Am i better to look for a better base clock or a a CPU that can Turbo just as high or even higher?

I keep seeing i3's with a clock of 3.5Ghz or more and then i5's with a base clock of around 3Ghz but can turbo to 4Ghz?
a better STR
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-05-2020, 11:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: a better STR

Is there a point where a little bit of STR should be sacrifices for 2 extra cores?
(05-05-2020, 12:31 PM)hallda12 Wrote: Is there a point where a little bit of STR should be sacrifices for 2 extra cores?
If u are planning on  using just PCSX2 on the PC  Nope
But if u are into  native PC games to,  then Yes
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4670 3.4GHz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770 2GB
Pcsx2 in hardware mode only uses 3 threads. Anything more is gravy. If you're comparing a 4 core with HT and a 6 core with HT.. but the 4 core has better STP scores in passmark, the 4 core will do the job better for pcsx2. It may not handle tombraider , curse of the colossus's shadows thats not echo (I dont know what the newest tombraider is called lol) at max as well as the 6 core system because it's designed to handle more cores... but in pcsx2, as long as you have 3 threads, STP is king.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
I
(05-05-2020, 01:58 PM)cantona Wrote: If u are planning on  using just PCSX2 on the PC  Nope
But if u are into  native PC games to,  then Yes

(05-05-2020, 03:13 PM)scythefwd Wrote: Pcsx2 in hardware mode only uses 3 threads. Anything more is gravy. If you're comparing a 4 core with HT and a 6 core with HT.. but the 4 core has better STP scores in passmark, the 4 core will do the job better for pcsx2. It may not handle tombraider , curse of the colossus's shadows thats not echo (I dont know what the newest tombraider is called lol) at max as well as the 6 core system because it's designed to handle more cores... but in pcsx2, as long as you have 3 threads, STP is king.

Its going to be purely an emulation machine. Im back to the drawing board at the moment as i was on the verge of buying a HP Prodesk 400 sff but realised the MB wouldn't take any GTX gpu's due to power caps on the PCI slots. The psu's are proprietary so cant even upgrade that.

Now looking at the Dell Optiplex Full towers to get round those issues but i may have to frankonstein it a bit from old hardware i have lying around.

Next question: I have a WD Purple 1tb lying around not doing anything. These are obviously designed for surveillance but do you think it would be ok my emulation machine?
Hey all, new here and was wondering if I can get 60 FPS on Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament.

my specs for my desktop pc are as follows:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with radeon vega graphics 3.60 GHz

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM - 8GB
(05-10-2020, 10:17 AM)twotonedearly Wrote: Hey all, new here and was wondering if I can get 60 FPS on Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament.

my specs for my desktop pc are as follows:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with radeon vega graphics 3.60 GHz

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM - 8GB
TTT may lag a bit.
the rest should be fine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
jesalvein Wrote:TTT may lag a bit.
the rest should be fine

hm I see, though I did get lag on soul caliber 3. I might need to find a good configuration so it will play better
I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U With Vega 3 Graphics with 8GB RAM (6GB usable/2GB GPU VRAM) This is not listed in the Benchmark site 'Passmark' Can this setup run PS2 games? If so advise me on settings that will help with performance.... Oops looks like i'll get warned.

Alternatively advise a config for this as i get slow speeds (40-50FPS) i am unable to get a 'good' config for any game.