Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
GamingDragon - thats a laptop processor.. those tend to be in really slim machines with marginal cooling. What score do you get when you run the performance test (from the passmark site) on your system for Single Threaded Performance (STP). I know my 2500u is kinda up to the task for some of the lighter to emulate games.. but that it isn't going to be fast in a lot of games.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...0U&id=3431 That is the ryzen 3200u on the passmark site.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case

Sponsored links

(05-17-2020, 04:49 PM)GamingDragon Wrote: I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U With Vega 3 Graphics with 8GB RAM (6GB usable/2GB GPU VRAM) This is not listed in the Benchmark site 'Passmark' Can this setup run PS2 games? If so advise me on settings that will help with performance.... Oops looks like i'll get warned.

Alternatively advise a config for this as i get slow speeds (40-50FPS) i am unable to get a 'good' config for any game.
str = 1983
not bad, but the integrated gpu will hold you back.
using D3d11 instead of opengl and 2x native res max should help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Jesalvein - thats what my processor actually tests at (the 2500u).. and it struggles.. thermal throttling is a beast in laptops.
nzxt 340 case
Yeah... Windows power plan to performance mode will be a must do
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-17-2020, 09:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Yeah... Windows power plan to performance mode will be a must do
Even then itll throttle once it his 75ish C.. which can happen quickly with gpu running on dye.
nzxt 340 case
Hey guys so I downloaded PCSX2 recently to play Tony Hawk's Underground and I keep getting frame rate drops when doing tricks which causes moments of slow mo and distortion.
Looking online I see this is a very common problem as emulating a PS2 is apparently very resource dependent to my surprise.
I'm using version 1.6.0 and have tried many things recommended in different guides to no avail.
I've tried using both hardware and software with no noticeable difference either way.
I looked under the PCSX2 Wiki for config steps/help for THUG and despite having the same config as one that's listed as running at full speed, I'm still seeing drops.
I looked up the amount of cores my CPU has and it's 4, but enabling MTVU causes THUG to time out half way through the loading bar for the main menu.
I'll drop my specs and if anyone is able to help I would be very appreciative!

GS60 2PE Ghost Pro
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-4710HQ @2.50GHz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 870M
I've been having some issues with stuttering in both games I've tried, ratchet & clank 2, and gran turismo 4. Both run at easily 200% with the frame limiter disabled, but whenever other enemies or cars appear on screen the game slows down and appears to be at 20 or so fps, while the program reports 60fps, no settings I've tried have affected this at all, shifting the presets up or down affects how fast it will turbo in calm areas, but has seemingly no effect on the slow downs at all.
I have a 2500k at 4.0ghz which I suspect might be the issue, and a 1070ti, I am playing off of an iso on my ssd, I originally did have some more issues trying to play them off my hdd but moving them has solved most of that.
Anyway, I couldn't find anything after a few days of googling and idk if this might be some obscure setting I couldn't find or what, but nothing I've tried has had any impact so far.
So basically, is a 2500k on windows 10 enough to run this emulator?
I'm getting new computer with AMD Radeon Rx 5500 4 GB GPU. How does this graphics card rate?
AMD GPUs arent recommended due to very poor opengl performance
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-13-2020, 08:21 PM)Rebel521 Wrote: I'm getting new computer with AMD Radeon Rx 5500 4 GB GPU. How does this graphics card rate?
AMD has poor ogl implimentation.. will cause bugs.  That said my rx570 chugs along in most games at 4x native without a hiccup.
nzxt 340 case