Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(08-02-2021, 08:58 AM)SquiggyMcPS2 Wrote: Hello! Loving your ps2 emulator and getting to relive some cherished fun from almost two decades ago when I was a younger more carefree man.

i5 4670k oc 4.2 and gtx 960 4gb with 16gb ddr3 2133.

Using 1.6.0 with baldurs gate dark alliance I and II along with champions of norrath iso on sataIII ssd for some quality old school hack n slash rpg goodness.

So far using avx2 plugin with opengl hardware render on 3x upscale with the optional shaders turned on and using the hack for snowblind games and am getting a steady 60 most everywhere and the games look fantastic on my big screen.

However in norrath some of the more busy fights especially with lots of enchanted weapons tossing off sparks and other effects it can bog down pretty bad so wondering if this is a gpu or cpu issue?

Gpu is stuck as is due to insane pricing but my pc shop is willing to trade my i5 for an i7 4770k and some cash so would upgrading to that help with the bog downs?

It seems to happen no matter how I set up the hardware settings.

Thanks!

edit: Ok tried the latest dev build and it solved most of the performance issues. Still bogs a bit but nothing that makes it unplayable. Still interested to know if getting the i7 would garner any meaningful performance gains.
Thats so funny because im getting into pcsx2 for the same reasons than you, bringing back memories from 20yrs ago
And i have the same CPU and ram OC than you!

The only difference is that its a Mini ITX irig in the living room that is now used as HTPC and web browsing so I sold the GPU that was in there
My experience with PCSX2 so far is OK with 60fps stableĀ  if i leave Games at native but above resolutions gave me serious fps drops making them unplayable

Can you share yours? Have u tried running the emulator from intel HD4600 just to see the real effect of your Gpu?

With current GPU market prices no way i invest in a graphics card in this rig

Thanks a lot

Sponsored links

Hey guys, thinking of buying an XBOX Series S just for emulation purposes. I understand that the PCSX2 core is still in very early stages but what is the performance like currently? Likewise will it improve much given the nature of how PCSX2 is? Thanks!
First off: If you want support for RetroArch you should go there, second off: It's not much different to a general computer without OpenGL support.
(10-01-2021, 01:34 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: First off: If you want support for RetroArch you should go there, second off: It's not much different to a general computer without OpenGL support.

Interesting, what is DX11/12 like versus OpenGL?
(10-04-2021, 07:22 PM)buttonmash Wrote: Interesting, what is DX11/12 like versus OpenGL?

Pcsx2 wise, it's less accurate
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hello,

I would like to ask if I will be able to run most PS2 games at 2x native resolution on this PC below.
CPU: i5 10500T (2362 STR)
GPU: Intel UHD 630 (1353 G3D)

I know the integrated GPU is not that good, I was wondering if the relatively good CPU would make up for the weak GPU in pumping up the resolution to 2x.

Thank you in advance! Smile
(11-19-2021, 08:26 AM)YamiYami100 Wrote: Hello,

I would like to ask if I will be able to run most PS2 games at 2x native resolution on this PC below.
CPU: i5 10500T (2362 STR)
GPU: Intel UHD 630 (1353 G3D)

I know the integrated GPU is not that good, I was wondering if the relatively good CPU would make up for the weak GPU in pumping up the resolution to 2x.

Thank you in advance! Smile

depends on the game(s) you want to emulate. some will be ok, others will suffer
(11-19-2021, 08:51 AM)jesalvein Wrote: depends on the game(s) you want to emulate. some will be ok, others will suffer

Thank you!

Would a Ryzen 5 3550H with its integrated Radeon RX Vega 8 perform better on PCSX2 overall?
Str is lower. So, no
(11-19-2021, 03:53 PM)YamiYami100 Wrote: Thank you!

Would a Ryzen 5 3550H with its integrated Radeon RX Vega 8 perform better on PCSX2 overall?

The cpu is fine but you will have problems with the gpu