Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
first i would like to thank for everyone who made this beautiful PCSX2 and download-able for free..

i have a problem, i play suikoden 3 with low FPS and it is so lagging..specially when i'm in center of downtown, fighting a pack of monster with skillful of magic..

my computer specs :
Windows 7 (32bit)
DDR3 4GB RAM (2 pieces of 2GB RAM)
VGA Nvidia 9800 (1GB VRAM)
Core to Duo 2.8Ghz

i use the new PCSX2-0.9.7-r3878..how to make my computer run fast?am i doing wrong with configuration or what?can anyone help me?i would appreciate to anyone who help me to solve this problem

Sponsored links

Suikoden III is a very CPU demanding game, not much you can do about it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
OMG, thanks dude for the info..i think should play with the console anyway..so sad
Hi I have just started to download PCSX2 0.9.7 beta and I am thinking of trying to play PS2 games on my Computer for a change instead of on my Console. I am wondering with the current spec I have, would I be able to run it fine? Sorry, when it comes to Hardware it's not my strongest point.

Here are my following specs.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 @ 3.33GHz
RAM: 4 GB RAM (2 2GB RAM sticks)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask this kind of question on this thread. I'm recently new, would appreciate any support.
(11-16-2010, 08:07 PM)Omnizohar Wrote: Hi I have just started to download PCSX2 0.9.7 beta and I am thinking of trying to play PS2 games on my Computer for a change instead of on my Console. I am wondering with the current spec I have, would I be able to run it fine? Sorry, when it comes to Hardware it's not my strongest point.

Here are my following specs.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 @ 3.33GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask this kind of question on this thread. I'm recently new, would appreciate any support.
should run just fine

(and that is EXACTLY what this thread is for)
Hello in this month i will build a computer with this following specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 @ 3.33GHz Dual Core Or Intel® Core™ i5 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core (What is better?For my PC I know is the quad core processor but for pcsx2 what is better to buy?)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 GDDR3 2GB

With this specs would I be able to run pcsx2 fine? If anything i can do to change above for better result at pcsx2 tell me pls before order my new pc!
With either setup you would be able to run a lot of games. The dual core at 3.33ghz would be a much better choice for pcsx2 while the quad core would be better for most other things. It depends on what you want to use your pc for. The graphic card is so-so but is good enough to run pretty much any game on native and less demanding games with high resolution.

Edit: I would recommend you get another gpu though, the only nvidia 400 series I would recommend is the gtx460 if thats to much for you I would recommend you go for the ati 5670 instead. It offers better performance compared to the gt 430 and is in the same price range.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Hi guys!
I'm going to buy new notebook - I picked VAIO with this specs:
Intel Core i5-560M (2.66 GHz to 3.2 GHz, 3MB Advanced Smart Cache))/ 4GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M
Will it play every ps2 game? Or should I look for something else (and what?)?

Thanks for help!
(11-17-2010, 03:30 PM)GoMati Wrote: Hi guys!
I'm going to buy new notebook - I picked VAIO with this specs:
Intel Core i5-560M (2.66 GHz to 3.2 GHz, 3MB Advanced Smart Cache))/ 4GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M
Will it play every ps2 game? Or should I look for something else (and what?)?

Thanks for help!

it should play a good bunch of them, there are some no pc can play yet (and others that require a LOT of tweaking) so in short: most, yes; all, no
(11-17-2010, 12:26 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: With either setup you would be able to run a lot of games. The dual core at 3.33ghz would be a much better choice for pcsx2 while the quad core would be better for most other things. It depends on what you want to use your pc for.

The higher clocked dual-core i5 isn't necessarily going to be faster than a lower-clocked quad-core i5. Check out the FFX-2 benchmark for comparisons. Lynnfield is faster than Clarkdale clock for clock and the clock speed advantage of Clarkdale is negated by the high Turbo Boost available on Lynnfield.