Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
for individual games you should make your own threads, and not flood this thread with support requests

Sponsored links

Right, which is why I'm not talking about an individual game. I'm talking about PCSX2 in general. I have a stack of PS2 games next to me that I want to use, but cant yet. Thanx to the KIND people on this forum, I was able to get the help I needed to pick the appropriate hardware so that I can play PCSX2. The forum did exactly what it was designed to do. I still don't see why you guys are having a problem with it. Rolleyes I didn't violate any rules. I deserved help just as much as everybody else who comes here looking for help.
The first post of this thread should have answered 99.9999% of most people questions of whether or not "XYZ hardware or computer is fast enough for pcsx2?"
I have a AMD Athlon 64 bits X2 with a NVIDIA 880 gts and 3go of RAM but when I try to play MGS3 i have only 20/25 fps in game. My configuration isn't enough ?
This is how i configured PCSX2 -> [Image: pcsx2appsettingspluginsp.png]
(02-11-2011, 01:17 PM)tuanming Wrote: The first post of this thread should have answered 99.9999% of most people questions of whether or not "XYZ hardware or computer is fast enough for pcsx2?"

The I guess I was the 0.0001% you speak of, because initially, I saw no mention of Hyperthread processors on the front page. I was inquiring about them first. Then my new computer I'm building, with 2 xeon dual cores. I also saw no mention on xeon anywhere, so I asked about it.

As for the graphics card, I did miss that part of the front page. Didn't notice the "recommended" section. My mistake. But I got it all sorted out yesterday. Ordered all my parts yesterday, and should have pcsx2 up and running in a week or 2 Smile
Xenon = quad core CPU
PCSX2 = handles up to ONLY 2

hope you got a high clock on that xenon
@ lazybones:
Your processor is of old architecture. So, whatever clock rate it's at, I don't think it has what it takes for a resource heavy game, like MGS3.

I had an Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.06Ghz, and it wasn't that great. If you can overclock to 3.5Ghz or more, that'd be you best bet for any kind of playability with that game.
(02-11-2011, 09:37 PM)Saiki Wrote: Xenon = quad core CPU
PCSX2 = handles up to ONLY 2

hope you got a high clock on that xenon

My Xeon is a dual processor dual core, so yea I guess you could call that a quad core. And its clock rate is 3.2ghz. Front side bus is 1066mhz. And 8mb total cache.

Should have PLENTY of power to run PCSX2 lol
yea, a 3.2 dual should be fine
(02-11-2011, 11:42 PM)Rezard Wrote: @ lazybones:
Your processor is of old architecture. So, whatever clock rate it's at, I don't think it has what it takes for a resource heavy game, like MGS3.

I had an Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.06Ghz, and it wasn't that great. If you can overclock to 3.5Ghz or more, that'd be you best bet for any kind of playability with that game.

You think 3.5 Ghz will be enough? The game lag very much, it's at 20 fps when i'm in the jungle (many trees animals etc...). And I never overclocked any pc =( it's possible to make a "turbo" mode, that i can turn on and off from windows ?