Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Not bad at all. Could be better, but definitely could be much worse. Smile

The 2.6Ghz boost on that architecture will be pretty impressive, and many games will be playable (especially with some help from Speedhacks). The GPU is most always gonna be enough (lower resolutions may apply in some cases).

Just don't expect the "heavier games" to emulate too well, but it will always be worth a try.

Sponsored links

Thanks mate. Guess I won't be running Ico all that well, didn't really expect though.
No problem. Smile

And actually, ICO may very well run fast on the PC.
I don't know the game personally, but I read a quick bit by searching for ICO on this site with Google.

Lesser specs have done it, apparently. Wink
I have DELL studio 1747, Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 GHz , ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. I think pcsx2 should work good but when i play kingdom hearts 2 after few minutes game starts lagging and fps falls to 15 ;/.
Someone know what should i do? Maybe some other configuration?
is there any turbo mode, because 1.6ghz is low, even for KH...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry but can you tell me what is that Turbo Mode and how to run it??
Intel Turbo Boost works quite simply, but do not expect it to always behave perfectly. Core i processors has multiple cores and some with extra threads (from Hyper-threading). If all are active, the CPU will run at it's base clockrate. If a load being processed is running on less cores/threads than are available, the processor may be able to disable those not used, and increase the clockrate of the remaining cores. This should give you a good idea at least. Smile

Your laptop is pretty decent for PCSX2, it just has a bit lower potential clockrate in general. Expect to need some Speedhacks to keep good speed with most games (that it's capable of handling).

You GPU is decent, as well. It should do fine in most situations, but you might have to reduce the internal resolution in some cases (possibly as low as native).

FYI - There is a thread on your processor in the Hardware Discussion.
Hey I'm going to buy a new computer and I have to buy a cheap one , so I found one good enough except I don't know about GBU it's from Ati radeon HD 3000 series doesn't say which one so I want to know if that serie is good enough to run pscx2. Oh and I hae to ask because bositman didn't say anything about Ati radeon 3000.
720QM can turbo all the way to 2.8GHZ. I'm not sure exactly how the turbo speeds are determined for the mobile chips, but I imagine that if you're plugged in, there are no heat issues, and you're only using 2 cores, it would turbo to 2.2-2.4 at least. 2.4ghz of Nehalem can run quite a bit of stuff.

(08-04-2011, 04:20 PM)Vazuu Wrote: Hey I'm going to buy a new computer and I have to buy a cheap one , so I found one good enough except I don't know about GBU it's from Ati radeon HD 3000 series doesn't say which one so I want to know if that serie is good enough to run pscx2. Oh and I hae to ask because bositman didn't say anything about Ati radeon 3000.

Radeon 3xxx series is quite old at this point, and I would be very surprised to see it in any new computer. Are you sure that's what it says? Double check and post specs.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 / 2.9 GHz ( Dual-Core )
RAM: 2GB
GPU: ATI Radeon 3000

Yes it is ati radeon 3000, kinda sad. : (