Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
I'm running a Q8400 (2.66ghz) and an HD6850. I was kinda hoping for decent rates on ZOE2 but it still laughs at me Sad.

Running from the hard drive over the disc bumps up my speeds by maybe 5FPS.

Sponsored links

Your processor is definitely your bottleneck in that case.
It will be in most every slow situation you encounter with PCSX2.
A higher clockrate would help.

With Zone of the Enders 2,
I even encounter a few tough spots with my rig.
Look to the latest SVN for possible compatibility improvements,
and check out the multi-core utilizing MTVU Speedhack while you're at it. Wink
(03-13-2012, 12:26 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your processor is definitely your bottleneck in that case.
It will be in most every slow situation you encounter with PCSX2.
A higher clockrate would help.

With Zone of the Enders 2,
I even encounter a few tough spots with my rig.
Look to the latest SVN for possible compatibility improvements,
and check out the multi-core utilizing MTVU Speedhack while you're at it. Wink
I don't have the power supply for it, unfortunately. The MTVU always gives me slowdowns on the games that aren't running at full speed. I don't have the slightest clue as to why.

Thanks for the quick response.
(03-12-2012, 05:29 PM)naoan Wrote: @SlickDragon
At the same price point, desktop PC at will massacre laptop in term of performance. That is something that will never change.

I made no mention of the price differential between them, so what your saying doesn't impact my point. I will agree with you that notebooks are roughly double the price of desktops performance wise. Consider though that a laptop includes the OS, Keyboard, Mouse, Webcam, Monitor, Card Reader, Speakers & Mic etc. If someone is just building a desktop with modern brand new parts the price differential will not be as large as you think for equivalent performance. Building a new Desktop is more than just a Mobo, Cpu, Psu, Gpu, Ram for many people..

This isn't the thread to discuss the merits of Desktops Vs Laptops, however its obvious that many people prefer the superior mobility and form evident in laptops, and the constant effort by many to sway their minds is foolish and unhelpful. If a member is a desktop supremacist then mayhap don't bother advising people who are looking to get a new laptop. Alternatively they can brush up on their archaic knowledge of laptop effectiveness, namely by researching their improved hardware and cooling capabilities, and as such they might be able to share valuable advice regarding minimum specs to attain for satisfactory emulation for X budget.

hi everyone , how many FPS my e5300 3.0ghz will achieve on valkyrie profile 2 ?
Hard to say for sure,
since your GPU will be depended on...
im using Nvidia 9600gt Tongue
That'll do fine for it's job.

Your processor could be faster,
so it will probably still bottleneck you here and there.

You may still find it playable. Smile
What can i expect from my rig:

Core i3 2100 @ 3.1 GHZ
AMD HD 6850 1GB
4 GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz
(03-15-2012, 11:05 AM)qazishehryar Wrote: What can i expect from my rig:

Core i3 2100 @ 3.1 GHZ
AMD HD 6850 1GB
4 GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz

"decent" and "Mid-Ranged CPU" but not all games can run perfectly e.g. SOTC,MGS2,3,SO3,GT4...and the megathrust demanding likeness.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel