Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(10-15-2013, 05:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: What graphics card have you got? And you said ff9 runs smooth... but that's PS1, not PS2.

im not sure how I find out what graphics card I have :/
I know my pc runs on direct x for some games but not all of them but how do I find out ?

Sponsored links

the graphics card is probably intel HD what ever that is :/
Go get this http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/226...-z-v0-7-3/
Run it and then see what it says under Name at the top of the program.

(10-15-2013, 05:40 AM)GamesforLife Wrote: the graphics card is probably intel HD what ever that is :/

Yeah I almost guessed that. And what it is is not very good. Aside from not being very fast the Intel integrated graphics are known to not play nice with PCSX2. If that's the case then unfortunately you may be out of luck. You can always give it a shot though, no harm in trying.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-15-2013, 05:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Go get this http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/226...-z-v0-7-3/
Run it and then see what it says under Name at the top of the program.

Yeah I almost guessed that. And what it is is not very good. Aside from not being very fast the Intel integrated graphics are known to not play nice with PCSX2. If that's the case then unfortunately you may be out of luck. You can always give it a shot though, no harm in trying.

I thought so man thank you
What did the OP mean by onboard graphics? Like, chipsets right?
(10-15-2013, 08:41 AM)Mellow Wrote: What did the OP mean by onboard graphics? Like, chipsets right?

Onboard graphics could be graphics integrated into the chipset, yes. Sometimes it also is used to describe graphics on the same die as the CPU. For instance, as I mentioned just above the Intel HD series, the graphics subsystem is on the same die as the processor. Same thing for AMD APU. I have no personal experience with either, but I've read that lots of people have trouble with the Intel HD graphics and PCSX2. Some of the faster AMD APU should preform well enough to run some stuff at native at least, but I've not read of anybody doing that so I don't know how well it works.

Contrast with discrete graphics which means a card that plugs in a PCIe, AGP or (god forbid) PCI slot.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-15-2013, 08:47 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Onboard graphics could be graphics integrated into the chipset, yes. Sometimes it also is used to describe graphics on the same die as the CPU. For instance, as I mentioned just above the Intel HD series, the graphics subsystem is on the same die as the processor. Same thing for AMD APU. I have no personal experience with either, but I've read that lots of people have trouble with the Intel HD graphics and PCSX2. Some of the faster AMD APU should preform well enough to run some stuff at native at least, but I've not read of anybody doing that so I don't know how well it works.

Contrast with discrete graphics which means a card that plugs in a PCIe, AGP or (god forbid) PCI slot.

blyss the hd graphics isnt that bad :-D
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-15-2013, 08:57 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: blyss the hd graphics isnt that bad :-D

As I said I have no experience with it, but I have just read of a lot of others around the forums who have had glitches etc with it. Specification wise, it should definitely handle quite a few games on native. And the new one in Haswell maybe even above native. I was just repeating what I'd heard is all.
(10-15-2013, 11:00 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As I said I have no experience with it, but I have just read of a lot of others around the forums who have had glitches etc with it. Specification wise, it should definitely handle quite a few games on native. And the new one in Haswell maybe even above native. I was just repeating what I'd heard is all.

hmmm maybe possible but as in my experiance i didnt face any single problem with it and no graphic issue occurs. And i am able to put resolution at 2x native in some games. Whatever lets leave this thread clean buddy
;-)
:-D
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Well I decided against the laptop and decided to build a custom desktop. Trying to run games like Xenosaga, Dragon Quest 8...Pretty much all the rpgs the ps2 has to offer and maybe some sports games don't know if they work or not

Specs

Intel® Core™ i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ- 3.9 Turbo Boost
ASUS P9X79 Intel X79
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Video Card 3GB GDDR5
Patriot Viper 3 Series DDR3 32GB 2133MHz