Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?

Sponsored links

(05-24-2015, 07:18 PM)HyenaOnDrugs Wrote: Will this do the work:
4GB RAM DDR3
GPU Nvidia GT210 1GB
AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor × 2

too weak.
some very light games, maybe...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've finally got enough saved up for a new computer and would like to know if I'd be able to run most games at full speed in software rendering mode with the following build:

i7 4790k @ 4.0 Ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 970

I ask about software rending mode specifically because I am most concerned with accuracy/being able to play games with little or no glitches.
That rig will handle most games in software mode quite easily
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ideally, you would need to set extra rendering threads around the value 3-4 to get better performance on software mode. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Yeah, you have just about the best pc possible for software mode, short of a 6 core intel.
Thanks!
(05-21-2015, 05:53 PM)AoMythology Wrote: My question is similar to what most ask, but not exactly the same.

You see, I intend to purchase a new desktop computer, but I'm not sure whether I should wait for Skylake or not.

My question is this: which PS2 games do NOT run at full speed on an i5 4690(K) stock? Assuming, of course, that the graphics card is too fast to be a bottleneck in any way.

I'm not asking for a full list of course, just whatever you guys/girls can remember off the top of your heads.

If you're concerned about playing all games at full speed, even ones that require software mode like the ones Nobbs66 mentioned, and don't want to wait for Skylake CPUs, then get an i7-4790K instead of an i5-4690K. The extra threads REALLY benefit you in software mode.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
We've already done some testing that shows more than 4 extra rendering threads is pretty much pointless.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm pretty sure some games will benefit from having more than just 4 extra rendering threads but even if what you say is correct, the only way you can give PCSX2 4 extra rendering threads is if you have enough to give, and an i5 only has 4 total. That's why I don't understand your comment, my i7 recommendation is still solid if he plans to play games that require software mode like R&C.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU