Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(01-27-2010, 10:09 PM)Natedogg20050 Wrote: u cant forget to play MGS2 ^^ FF KH gonna work for sure

Only Kingdom Hearts?
Or GOW and FF will work?
What I need to improve the performance? Only a better CPU?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

(01-28-2010, 06:15 AM)inyue Wrote: Only Kingdom Hearts?
Or GOW and FF will work?
What I need to improve the performance? Only a better CPU?

Thanks.

Yes. Your GPU is one of the best (for laptops). Your CPU could almost always be better. Any Txxx or Pxxx laptop CPU with a higher model number should be an improvement.

BTW Your CPU scores a 5373 on the list, if your curious.
I made a build on newegg and I'm about to buy it, but not if it won't be able to handle PCSX2.

Full build here:
http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicW...er=8810769

Key specs:
Phenom II X4 3.2GHz BE
4GB DDR3
5750 1G GDDR5
like i read here the pcsx2 dosent support quadcores yet
(01-29-2010, 02:50 AM)Natedogg20050 Wrote: like i read here the pcsx2 dosent support quadcores yet

Not that quad cores don't work. If I remember right, it doesn't yet support quads (if ever). So two of your cores won't be used by PCSX2.

I'd say the reason why quads aren't recommended is because a lot of them are under 3.0Ghz. Under normal circumstances, a Quad 2.0Ghz would out preform, say, a Duo 2.66Ghz. In PCSX2, it's more like a Duo 2.0Ghz versus a Duo 2.66Ghz, since only two cores are used with the Quad.

In the end, I'd think a Quad 3.2Ghz should be one of the acceptable ones.
Ok. The time is about here for me to get my new laptop. The question of what processor to get is simple: C2D w/ highest clock I can afford (2.8Ghz). My only uncertainty is the graphics card. I would very much love to hear from anyone who has used either or both of these two cards:

ATI HD 4650
Pipelines: 320 - Core Spd: 550mhz - Shader Speed: 550mhz - DirectX: 10.1 - Pixel Shader: 4.1 - Transistors: 514mil - Power: 35w - Technology: 55nm
nVidia 9600M-GT
Pipelines: 32 - Core Spd: 500mhz - Shader Speed: 1250mhz - DirectX: 10 - Pixel Shader: 4.0 - Transistors: 314mil - Power: 23w - Technology: 65nm

I've read a lot of people state the nVidia is better, but I suspect them of just being "fanboys". I've also seen benchmarkings put the nVidia at 9592 and the ATI at 12543, the highest being 19268 (a GeForce GTX 280M SLI). Now, is that a considerable difference or what?

I've included all of what appeared to be key differences with each card since I'm not sure what makes a impact on PS2 emulation Could anyone help me as to which card would or should provide better results with PCSX2?

EDIT: I might even actually go with a nVidia GeForce GT 230M. It looks like a happy medium and the benchmark indicates that as well (10689). Sorry I keep changing it up. Keep finding better deals! Smile Feel free to ignore this edit.
I had the 4650. It was bottlenecking in some parts. You can tell. It's just not strong enough for all games. Sure most games will run fine as you're mostly CPU bound in PCSX2.
Will god of war 2 run fast on my computer?
Also, i use pcsx2 0.9.6 and it always crashes.
And when i use the beta 1888, and the new gsdx plugin ( not 2404 its like 1876 or something), it gets 100% speed but you cant see anything.

I just want know how to config pcsx2 for that game.

These are my specs:

hp premium
windows vista home premium 64 bit
2GB memory
2GHz speed
500GB hard drive
Nvidia GeForce 7600
My specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.00ghz
Memory: 2gb
Windows Vista Home premium
PNY Geforce 9400 GT 1GB

Will it run at an acceptable frame rate or will I have to do play around with the graphics or something?
Hello everyone
i recently changed my Pc spec (actually only the cpu xD) btw, i wanted to ask what you think about it and about a problem i have, hoping you can help me

Pc Specs:
MoBO: Asus P5SD2-VM
Ram: 2Gb, 2x 1024 DDR2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2,80 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 512Mb
now... what is wrong with my system? if the problem is gpu, wich one is the best for pcsx2, considering the ones i can mount on my Mobo?

About the problem i have:
With the new processor and, pcsx2 r-1888 i could run perfectly accel 2 with sound too, even if with sound sucks a bit then i tryed shin megami tensei: lucifer's call, and it have a lot of graphic error but still good speed, then i tryed FFXII....

My pcsx2 config now:
Graphic: GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15:

Resolution: 1024x768 60hz
Renderer: Direct3D9 (hardware)
Interlacing: (none)
Aspect: 16:9
D3D internal res: native
Texture filtering, Logarithmic Z, 8-bit textures, Alpha correction (FBA) and windowed are checked the others aren't

Sound: SPU2-X 1.20
Everyhting on reccomended

Cpu settings: everything at left checked, at right i have: Frame Skip, and detailed settings on 0

Speed Hacks: 2x cycle, Esc Hack, Emotion Engine ( the 3 options are checked), Vector unit ( first option checked, min/max hack unchecked, and default on VU cycle stealing)

Advanced: round modes are both on Chop/zero, Clamp modes bothare on none, and then both denormals are zero and flush to zero are checked

now that you know my config, here's the problem:
in FFXII with this config i play at 48+ fps most the time at 50 fps, but there is a lot of error, starting from opening movie, when i open maps there is a bad slowdown, then when i close map, a huge error on screen with consecutive slowdown, before it resolve automatically, when i open menu huge slowdown again, when i try to go on equip worst slowdown, while killing monster at desert or other part it's all at 50 fps... and that is strange. anyway i checked pcsx2 site, and compatibility list, and i saw : PAL FFXII Playable pcsx2 0.9.4, i downloaded it ( the pcsx2 0.9.4) and game now have less errors, opening map doesn't give problem, niether equips, but now i run game at 30+ fps, and it's kinda slow, what can i do?

Sorry for long message, and mistakes on word sometimes, i'm not english so.. i do what i can P
Thx in advice, i really hope you can help me

i rewrited it Tongue2 hoping someone can help ^_^