Tales of the Abyss crash when using spu2-x
Alright, I'll try with the recommended, because sometimes after a while, i'll stop hearing sound effects, and at that point I know the game is about to crash. and fast cdvd loading? you mean the booting options? I'll try it normally. I always use the fast boot.

(EDIT) Alright, without the EE Cyclerate and VU cycle stealing the battles drop like 10 fps... ugh. Is it not safe to use either? Maybe just the EE cyclerate? I'll try.. just hope it works.

Sponsored links

(10-12-2010, 02:15 AM)VaynardX Wrote: @ShadowLady Wtf man, you beaten the unknown mode? How many playthroughs did you get to finish it on unknown?@.@ I wanna try hard mode 1st.XD Slow transition I would say.XD

Second one, first one in normal/hard to get all the capacity cores and get lots of grade to then got 2x exp multiplier from shop after the end. In the second one just had to level and use the right capacity cores for what I needed, the real problem with unknown difficulty is knowing when you can do more than 1 damage to the bosses or else you are in for some very long fights (had to level like crazy for one of the optional bosses cauze I didn't go to the trouble of getting more grade on the first gameplay to get 10x exp...) and if you kept your money from old game after a few towns everything get's easier for a long while.
(10-12-2010, 02:38 AM)marsfalcon Wrote: and fast cdvd loading? you mean the booting options? I'll try it normally. I always use the fast boot.

No... I said "enable fast cdvd" the speedhack.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Wow, my speed hacks settings looks nothing like that...
It's from the latest beta, the old beta wouldn't look much different either... what PCSX2 version are you using?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm using 0.9.7 r3113 I suppose. The only setup that would work when I was playing Digital Devil Saga 2.
^

Use, the latest beta, I think its better as I noticed improvements in ffxii. Anyway, Enable the 1st speedhack slider(the one on the left) and disable the vu cycle stealing slider.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
I'll try the newest beta out. comes with its own standard plugins i assume? and when did it come out?

I think it came out last week. Also, some, if not all plugins, got updated. So there are maybe higher compatibility to games than the previous version.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
(10-12-2010, 04:52 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's from the latest beta, the old beta wouldn't look much different either...

IOP was removed, and fast was added. not to mention another mVU hack that helps loads on speed. it does look quite different as far as that goes.
Only problem is that my memory card saves are under Run as administrator on my other pcsx2, so I can't transfer them over without a program. Too much work if the results are not leaps and bounds. If it will only give me a mild fps boost and a bit more stability, i'm out. but if it takes care of the world map and doesn't crash, them i'm all for it.