Tekken 5 works slowly
(08-12-2010, 07:46 PM)Saiki Wrote: you may not notice it right away, and it may be slim, try disabling all speedhacks and see what comes up. also try running it on native rather than a custom resolution, this will also speed up pcsx2

use software on DX9. I was pulling 30 on that. your PC is MUCH faster

I did what you said and if I load a slot that I saved from the main menu the menu is 60 FPS and the game is about 45 FPS and still 50% speed.

BTW: I didn't do what you said about the directx... I don't think it matters... and besudes I have directx 11! what do you think? and if you think I should change it to what directx to change it? not number.. stuff like DIRECT3D9 (HARDWARE)/(SOFTWARE)/(NULL)/ Something alse...

Sponsored links

you could try DX10 SW. but I know that there were some annoying lines in DX10 Hardware

and 45/60 is not 50%
(08-12-2010, 08:18 PM)Saiki Wrote: you could try DX10 SW. but I know that there were some annoying lines in DX10 Hardware

and 45/60 is not 50%

what I'm saying is that the game is runnig in 50% speed... if I look at the clock of the game and count real seconds, I can count until 2 and sometimes even til' 3 before the number changes by one on the clocks game...

BTW: what speedhacks did you advice me to activate?
I'll have to readjust my settings. I will post pictures later
here are mine, just in case you overlooked my last post

ee-cycle stealing = 2
vu-cycle stealing = 0
enable int-spin detection enabled
enable wait loop detection enabled
mvu flag hack enabled
mvu block hack enabled
(thats my "speedhack standard-config" and yes, i'm using the latest svn)

DONT activate vu-cycle stealing!!!

if i do (set to 2), i get the same result as you, full fps, but the game is slow as hell.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(08-11-2010, 08:39 AM)opeller Wrote: Hello,
I have pcsx2 0.9.73113 may 29 2010 on windows 7 x32 and I have the bios and every thing but when I play Tekken 5 the main menu and character selection menu works perfectly but when I actualy fight it starts to work REALLY slowly.

so what is going on? is my computer not good enough? here is a description of my computer from dxdiag:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
MEMORY: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3324MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Display Memory: 2391 MB
Dedicated Memory: 985 MB
Shared Memory: 1405 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: LG W2286(Digital)

PLEASE HELP!,
opeller
Maybe u can try this if u have sss2E try to use it and in cpu use vuskip and 999999 in the first 2 blank in speedhack choose the default cycle rate just try it because it runs full speed to me
Some suggestions:

Disable HyperThreading (BIOS) - If some of the threads are getting assigned to the virtual cores, that would negatively impact performance. If you don't want to disable HyperThreading, you can force PCSX2 to run on the two real cores: go to Task Manager » Processes » right-click pcsx2.exe » Set Affinity » uncheck everything except for CPU 0 & CPU 1

Consider Overclocking - Clock for clock, the Core i3 is only second to the Core i5/i7 quads when it comes to PCSX2. So far, both examples of 60fps on the game have come from people with their processors overclocked to 4+ GHz which would be roughly equivalent to 3.6 GHz on the Core i3.

While testing, I recommend keeping GSdx on Direct3D10/11 Hardware with resolution set to Native to eliminate the possibility of a GPU bottleneck. Also, you might want to turn off background processes to prevent them from using precious CPU cycles. Anti-virus programs, in particular, can be pretty stressful.
( an old version ) microvu 1233, with couple of speed hacks gives me more than 70+ fps without any problem.
--------------------
pc spec :
core i3 530 @2.9G
2gig ram
hd 4670 1gig
Gsdx: 2693 sse4.1 Directx10
windows 7 32bit
------------------------
( its actually my cousin's rig)
( the reason i didnt use the latest version is simple , it didnt work for me ( crashed, dont know why),and i used this and luckily it worked like a charm .it was awesome ) .
-------------------------
and with respect to the previous post , with the build i tried , there were no need to check the native resolution option , or disabling the background stuff ! just use couple of speed hack and get a constant full frame ( i actually used frame limiting to limit the fps , cause it gets too fast ) .
the corei3 530 is a beast and you can clearly see that your cpu is even more powerful than my cousin's .
so dont worry just use the previous builds if the newest builds turned you down , this is what i actually do when facing any performance issue .
CPUTongueentium 4 HT @ 3.4
VGA:ATI HD4670 1G
Mb:Asus P4p800-x
Ram:2G DDR
it shouldnt crash, probably you are doing something wrong, from when mvu has a version? or 1233 is the svn version of the emulator? if yes its really old and you would get better speeds with the newest beta and august plugin pack
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(09-01-2010, 10:24 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: it shouldnt crash, probably you are doing something wrong, from when mvu has a version? or 1233 is the svn version of the emulator? if yes its really old and you would get better speeds with the newest beta and august plugin pack

yeah , its svn, and i do use the latest plugins , just the build differs and i told the reason , i couldnt test the latest version, so i cant tell , but as far as im concerned the performance was great , ( if it is true that the newest builds are better in terms of performance then , he must get a fps boost when using the latest build, anyways as a guarantee i can confirm that that specific build works flawlessly on Tekken5)
CPUTongueentium 4 HT @ 3.4
VGA:ATI HD4670 1G
Mb:Asus P4p800-x
Ram:2G DDR