Tenchu Fatal Shadows
yes, looks like the tenchu games are unplayable on the newest build, but on the previous build are PERFECT!.

Sponsored links

confirmed with modified GSDX.ini in pcsx2 r1888 with latest plug-in

works perfectly!
hi,

I found this change log on the internet.

PCSX2 SVN Changelog:
r3272
[cmake]
* Fix again a stupid things...
r3273
Fully implement hash-based database lookup. Fix some bugs that caused startup crashes in previous revisions of mine.
r3274
Summary of fixes
Games
- Resident Evil Dead Aim flickering graphics fixed.
- Flatout games should now boot everytime (instead of randomly)
- Sega Superstar Tennis flashing fixed
- Destruction Derby graphics fixed (NTSC confirmed, PAL unsure)
- Tenchu Fatal Shadows flickering textures fixed, Issue 748
- Spyro Hero's Tail should boot again, Issue 746

General Info
- General reworking of the GS paths with all paths prioritizing more correctly.
- XGKICK can stall if another GS transfer is in progress
- Major reworking of Path3 masking, could still be combined with normal Path3 transfers, but lets get it working first Tongue
- Taken in to account a few conditions which could have caused VIF to lock up/crash when stalling on ends.
- Unreversed GIF and SPR and VIF so its the normal way round
- all DMA paths should now resume correctly after being stopped by hardware
- GIF FIFO now actually transfers stuff Tongue
- VIF CMD's simulated by the length of the interrupts at the end.

Phew, i think that's everything Wacko
r3275
Removed the TestOnly parameter on the MTGS packet sender, and replaced it with a direct call to GIFPath_ParseTag. Simpler, more efficient, and avoids constant assertion failures when running PCSX2 in debug mode. Laugh
r3276
Fix patch application, which I broke in r3273. Smile

DevNote: Adding SysForwardDefs.h, which I'm going to use for forward declaring a bunch of PCSX2 classes and other simple dependency-free include content. This is the SysCore version of AppForwardDefs, and hopefully helps minimize header file hell.

looks like the pcsx2 dev team today fixed so many things

i would like to know what does it mean the tenchu fix

- Tenchu Fatal Shadows flickering textures fixed, Issue 748
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...ary&id=748

can I use on the newest beta build?
Yes you can, after you compile it yourself. And it seems like that revision broke more stuff than it fixed Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
looks like all Tenchu games became playable on pc

Tenchu epsxe 1.7 (playstation emulator)
Tenchu 2 epsxe 1.7 (playstation emulator)

Tenchu Wrath of Heaven pcsx2 1888 with march plugins (playstation 2 emulator)
Tenchu Fatal Shadow pcsx2 1888 with march plugins (playstation 2 emulator)

Tenchu 4 Dolphin SVN r5771 (dolphin wii emultor)

Tenchu Time of The Assassins jpcsp 1509 svn (psp emulator)

Tenhu Z xbox 360 there aren't any xbox360 emulator, still
yes, really interesting all, console games finally came to pc.
(06-23-2010, 03:06 PM)mcv Wrote: yes, really interesting all, console games finally came to pc.

Hey can I ask you how you fix the "you can't see the items you're carrying" bug when playing Fatal Shadows? I think diegochiha has mentioned this bug before, but he did't came up with a solution. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've seen the screenshots you've posted The graphics look perfect!
At what fps do you run the game? My laptop plays the game very smoothly at the beginning, but when the gpu hit 90+ °C, the fps drop to like 20 as the Windows power management kicks in to slow it down a bit to cool off. Very annoying.
well you get into the "you can't see the items you're carrying" bug beacuse you have to set the skipdraw hack to 3 to get rid of the fog but by doing this the part in wich it displays the items you are carring is not rendered or it is "skipped",so the solution is to either try and pick a higher value 4-5-6,or try lowering it a bit 2-1 but be aware that if you lower the value too much you will get the garbage screen bug (missing textures,kind of fog Tongue)
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(06-24-2010, 02:40 AM)diegochiha Wrote: well you get into the "you can't see the items you're carrying" bug beacuse you have to set the skipdraw hack to 3 to get rid of the fog but by doing this the part in wich it displays the items you are carring is not rendered or it is "skipped",so the solution is to either try and pick a higher value 4-5-6,or try lowering it a bit 2-1 but be aware that if you lower the value too much you will get the garbage screen bug (missing textures,kind of fog Tongue)

You're right. The more Skipdraw I set, the less things I see on. The minimum value I still can see the items will be 1 in my case. But if I set to 1, the black area will appear again. What should I do? Do you know more tricks or workaround?
@ takumikun

Nope,thats how it works you have to either live with the fog or with the "you cant see the items",i dont know any other workaround sorry
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]