[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
Edit: Got it up and running by switching to "ZeroGS" however I'm getting 10-12 FPS so game is not playable.

First off, thanks for putting this together.

I'm running into an issue when booting Nascar 2004, basically PCSX2 crashes right after the PlayStation logo shows (see image). I want to add that the game loads in my Windows environment (pcsx2-1.2.1-r5875).

Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x0d9a1040 in 32-bit code (0x0900f0f9).

(included the backtrace.txt-file)

.txt   backtrace.txt (Size: 4,45 KB / Downloads: 240)

I have not made any custom changes to the emulator. The only change made is in WineSkin "Use Mac Drivers instead of X11" or it wouldn't boot at all. The installation instructions made available at http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac was followed exactly.

I'm running on iMac 2011 (see sysinfo-image)

Appreciate any help I can get with this. If there are other logs or info needed I'll be more than happy to get those.

Thanks in advance!

-Gooose

Sponsored links

(03-04-2014, 05:06 AM)Gooose Wrote: Edit: Got it up and running by switching to "ZeroGS" however I'm getting 10-12 FPS so game is not playable.

First off, thanks for putting this together.

I'm running into an issue when booting Nascar 2004, basically PCSX2 crashes right after the PlayStation logo shows (see image). I want to add that the game loads in my Windows environment (pcsx2-1.2.1-r5875).

Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x0d9a1040 in 32-bit code (0x0900f0f9).

(included the backtrace.txt-file)

I have not made any custom changes to the emulator. The only change made is in WineSkin "Use Mac Drivers instead of X11" or it wouldn't boot at all. The installation instructions made available at http://consoleemu.com/tutorials/install-pcsx2-mac was followed exactly.

I'm running on iMac 2011 (see sysinfo-image)

Appreciate any help I can get with this. If there are other logs or info needed I'll be more than happy to get those.

Thanks in advance!

-Gooose
you are supposed to use gsdx software mode.
but anyways, yes, it'll be slow with that machine. AFAIK,; this game is barely playable on the windows version even in hardware mode.
You'll have to play ir on your PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-04-2014, 08:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you are supposed to use gsdx software mode.
but anyways, yes, it'll be slow with that machine. AFAIK,; this game is barely playable on the windows version even in hardware mode.
You'll have to play ir on your PS2 for now

Thanks for the feedback.

With the addition of the PS4 there wasn't enough space and one console had to go. Since the only games I play on the PS2 is Nascar and Gallop I was hoping that this would be a solution. On the other hand, it will be cheaper to buy a new shelf rather than a new computer Biggrin
How long did it guys take you to download d3dx9_36 using winetricks? I had to abort mine because I got a notif saying that my disk started running out of space(I had 10gb free or so)

I'm wondering if this is normal or not...

Using an MBA 2013 edition

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The full dx_3.6 is 104M (as you can see at your own screenshot). How long it takes to download depends on your internet connection speed. E.g. if your connection is 50Mbps or more then it should take less than a minute. If you got a slow connection then it would take longer.

I don't think the download and install process uses more than 200M space, but having 10G left is a bit tight. I suggest to clean up some stuff on your system.
(03-08-2014, 05:03 PM)avih Wrote: The full dx_3.6 is 104M (as you can see at your own screenshot). How long it takes to download depends on your internet connection speed. E.g. if your connection is 50Mbps or more then it should take less than a minute. If you got a slow connection then it would take longer.

I don't think the download and install process uses more than 200M space, but having 10G left is a bit tight. I suggest to clean up some stuff on your system.

Thanks! Got it done.

The only problem left is that my fps plays around 40-60 and the sound is really terrible and laggy ;;;;;;;
Whoever you are,

YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS

I tried running the mac version of pcsx2 to no avail due to constant crashing, and even when it ran it lagged like nuts. This emulator has not crashed on me once and I followed all your instructions (i didnt install the nvida thingy though) its a little laggy sometimes, especially during cutscenes, but other than that, it runs beautifully) just work on the lag (sometimes tanking 20-30 fps) even with speed hacks to the max. Fine job

-Thank You
edit: The game isn't actually playable, as when you are in any area with fog effects or similar effects (Like Yukiko's castle), the game goes down to 10fps or below on hardware, and maybe 12-15 on software. This wouldn't be unplayable except the game runs at 1/2 speed or less. Is there any way to disable some of these effects?

THANK YOU for this amazing emulator wineskin! I normally play on PC but I wanted to get PCSX2 on my macbook air to take on a roadtrip. The standard OSX version wouldn't even launch for me.

So, I've been able to get a playable framerate with a 2010 MBA w/ 1.83Ghz and a 320m gpu with Persona 4.

Using GSdx sse4 r5350 (Hardware) [The SSE4 runs waaaay better than 2 or 3]
SPU2-X with lowest quality and no timesync, doesn't affect FPS but the audio is very bad, so I play on mute : (

Game fixes - VU Clip Flag Hack and EE timing hack

Speedhacks only seem to boost it a little, if at all. Im using EE at 2 and VU between 2 and 3.

With this I'm actually getting 30-40fps in heavy scenes, and 50-60 in lesser areas

Surprisingly playable, the only problem is that when I use the Hardware setting I get some visual glitches:

Hardware:
[Image: yYhyePk.png]

Software:
[Image: W2NCXZP.png]

If anyone has any suggestions to bump up the performance a little bit, or even better, to fix the gfx glitches that would be amazing.
(03-20-2014, 12:20 AM)notthatguy6969 Wrote: [i]

So, I've been able to get a playable framerate with a 2010 MBA w/ 1.83Ghz and a 320m gpu with Persona 4.

Using GSdx sse4 r5350 (Hardware) [The SSE4 runs waaaay better than 2 or 3]
SPU2-X with lowest quality and no timesync, doesn't affect FPS but the audio is very bad, so I play on mute : (

Game fixes - VU Clip Flag Hack and EE timing hack

Speedhacks only seem to boost it a little, if at all. Im using EE at 2 and VU between 2 and 3.

With this I'm actually getting 30-40fps in heavy scenes, and 50-60 in lesser areas

Surprisingly playable, the only problem is that when I use the Hardware setting I get some visual glitches:

If anyone has any suggestions to bump up the performance a little bit, or even better, to fix the gfx glitches that would be amazing.

First I'd suggest downloading the latest version of PCSX2 from the SVN page on the website. You can copy it in to the Program Files on the C: drive by right-clicking the app and selecting Show Package Contents. Make sure to open the Wineskin app there and re-direct the Windows EXE to the new version. Also, while you are there, make sure you have the Mac driver selected under the Screen Options.

Then download Wineskin Winery from: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-in...=Downloads
After you download, it will say there are new engines available. Download version 1.7.13 (As of writing 1.7.14 and 1.7.15 are out too, but I've been having trouble with them). You then have to update via the internal Wineskin app contained within the PCSX2 app. (Change Engine Used is under the Tools tab)

Next for GSdx, you should probably use the AVX version or SSE 4.1
There are 3 choices depending on your Mac. Select the latest one that your Mac can support (AVX is best)
SSE2 is the minimum, and is supported in every Intel Mac.
SSE4.1 is supported in every Mac since Penryn (Core 2 Duos from maybe late 2007/early 2008).
AVX is supported by every Mac since Sandy Bridge (2011)
Check your own hardware and select the appropriate one.

For SPU2-X there is no need to select the lower settings. Just make sure to use PortAudio. This is cross-platform and works fine.

Try this configuration again and see how it goes.

As to whether you should choose hardware or software, I found SW emulation is much faster, and there are usually no graphical glitches.
However for HW, despite being slower and having glitches with some games, you can boost the resolution to 2X without a huge performance hit for early games (like FFX). This is like playing the HD remake, it's good stuff.
(01-13-2014, 09:36 PM)avih Wrote: w00t!

We did have SDL support some time ago, which was disabled by default at one stage, and then completely removed from the source code later on.

The latest GSdx which natively supported SDL in SW mode is r5179 (before PCSX2 1.0, but not too much before). I just tested it under wineskin, and it works perfectly! Laugh it's even faster on my 2010 MBA than zerogs (HW OGL), and with zero visual artifacts!

- Get the r5179 build from Orphis' buildbot here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

- Copy the SDL.dll file into the wineskin package at the same directory as pcsx2.exe

- Copy the GSdx dlls from r5179 into the plugins folder inside the wineskin package.

- Configure gsdx from PCSX2 to use SDL 1.3 (software).

Enjoy the latest PCSX2 on OS X in SW mode (with slightly outdated GSdx) as similar to the windows version as it could get!

P.S.
For now, it's unlikely that we'll add the SDL code again into gsdx. But GSdx has not gone through major changes since v5179, so as far as GSdx SW mode is concerned, it should be pretty similar to the latest version, which is great.

hey avih, could explain a little more on how to "configure gsdx from PCSX2 to use SDL 1.3"? Because I don't exactly know how to do that and I believe I've done the first three steps correctly as I can choose SSE4-r5179 and the other r5179's as GS's now.(also like other users I experience crashes when using GSDX but zero works which is very laggy and unplayable.) Thanks for any assistance(also what exactly is sw mode?)