Unofficial linux build
(10-20-2012, 10:11 AM)gregory Wrote: May I ask why do you want to develop GSdx with SDL? The only limitation of the openGL implementation is the requirement of openGL 3 HW support (and a fully developped GL driver not yet opensource) which is only killer for intel (not so old, core2duo era) integrated GPU.

Because i want to use SDL library for my old computer (Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz single core with AGP8x NVidia FX 5500). Using zzogl and OpenGL-related plugin very slow.

Sponsored links

I know that opengl plugins aren't the fastest but your PC is really outdated. SDL won't make them faster because SDL is only a wrapper around the graphic API of the targeted system (openGL on linux).
So what i must do to run pcsx2 for my old computer (Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz single core with AGP8x NVidia FX 5500). I'm using official GPU driver "nvidia" from the vendor. pcsx2 can't display if i'm using nouveau. Maybe i must upgrade to newest Mesa3D library ?
A recent mesa won't be better. Opensource driver aren't yet ready anyway. I'm sorry but your computer is really too old to have a playable framerate, well maybe except very basic games.
For example your GPU have a bandwith of 6GB/s (theorical), an SB intel IGP have 15-20 GB/s depends on your ddr3 memory (real)....
Hi Mr. Gregory,

Why i can't compile the newest svn pcsx2 (revision number 5437) on my BlankOn 7.0 Linux (Ubuntu Natty by Indonesian Linux Community) ?

This is the error messages :

Quote:setiajie@Toshiba-Satellite-L840D:~/Source_Code/emulator/pcsx2-r5437/build$ cmake -DGTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/incluce/ ..
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:36 (cmake_policy):
Policy "CMP0018" is not known to this version of CMake.

-- BuildType set to Devel by default
-- Disable the stripping by default in Devel build !!!
-- Disable the building of po files by default in Devel build !!!
-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn (found version "1.7.4")
-- Could NOT find SparseHash_new (missing: SPARSEHASE_NEW_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Don't build zerospu2. It is super-seeded by spu2x
CMake Warning at plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/CMakeLists.txt:60 (message):
Current EGL implementation doesn't support openGL context. Fallback to
standard GLX.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Thanks for the report. It complains because of the policy statement.Could you check that removing the next line fix your issue.
=> CMakeLists.txt
Code:
cmake_policy(SET CMP0018 OLD)
Thank you. I just add # character in front of cmake_policy(SET CMP0018 OLD) and it works. I can compile it.
@gregory I just tested your new ppa build and must say the work on gsdx is awesome. I mean the hardware acceleration. Really great work.
There are only some small glitches but the performance is great.
Now I think the word experimental can be removed.
Thanks. Give me working driver and opengl tool on linux, I will do some miracle Tongue2 I will keep experimental label. I still got lots of issues with various drivers...

By the way, I update the thread with latest PCSX2 version, if anyone want to test latest GSdx.
I cannot get anything other than GSnull. I get these 2 warnings in the emulog.

[wx] /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by /home/amd-fx/Desktop/pcsx2-svn-r5705/plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so)

and...

[wx] libGLEW.so.1.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Is this version with latest libglew and gcc?

My version of Mint/Ubuntu does not support gcc 4.8 and libglew 1.9, as they only go to gcc 4.7 and glew 1.8. Perhaps download from new version of Ubuntu being built?

Plus, fglrx is still broken and mesa for radeonsi driver (7000 series and up) still not support appropriate features and performance as I noted a couple weeks ago in my fglrx is broken thread. So far pcsx2 is my only holdout for dropping Windows altogether. Maybe I should go to perhaps an old 6950 (comparable in strength to 7850), but with upcoming Kaveri APU's and current Southern/Sea Island also using latest radeonsi driver I am at a loss as to what to do to play pcsx2 on Linux.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti