Which version for Klonoa 2?
Sad 
(09-04-2012, 10:59 PM)andr2535 Wrote: I have tested the new revision but it doesn't seem to improve from the previous releases(in Klonoa 2).

I also tested the old versions(0.9.6 to 0.9.9) and the new version(1.0.0.).
But this sound problem still remains and nothing changed or improved. Sad
I hope they fix it in the next emulator! Rolleyes

Sponsored links

I might be remembering wrong, but i think i saw rama suggest this was a vif issue
(09-05-2012, 08:54 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: I might be remembering wrong, but i think i saw rama suggest this was a vif issue

I do not know what a vif issue is, but pcsx2 is printing this message very often which sounds like it has something to do with it.

IPU VIF Stall
VIFSTALL

However the first odd sounds which appears at the NAMCO logo does not accompany the message.
I got rid of graphics bugs by switching to software rendering.

However, no sound effects, only music, whatever I try with the audio plugin.

I'd love to play this game properly, any solutions possible?
(09-07-2012, 10:33 AM)Colocon Wrote: I got rid of graphics bugs by switching to software rendering.

However, no sound effects, only music, whatever I try with the audio plugin.

I'd love to play this game properly, any solutions possible?

I got sound effects to work in revision 1159, unfortunately it's not that stable and crashes often.Unsure
I read that a rev 872 worked perfectly for most people, but I can't find it anywhere. If it's still available somewhere, or anyone's got it lying around I'd like to try it.
0.9.6 didn't have the objects right, and everything after that pretty much had the sound problem, but some revision in between, that had the set-clamp-full option, appeared to have got it right. It was specifically called rev 872 by some people, and it seemed to be from 2009, things pointing towards it being a rev for 0.9.6. Anyone know more?
We know what the problem with the sound is, for SPU2-X.
The thing is that it's a very weird situation and we're not sure yet how to handle it.
In the mean time, use Peops SPU2 or ZeroSPU2 which both don't handle the problem code at all.
Hey to all you Goodie2shoes out there...

Why not share your results lets say ... for example ..

HERE Happy

So that everyboddy can benefit from it Cool

Like i do wonder now why anyone woud change and use Full clamp mode (E+P)?

I myself have changed that on several occasions ingame but have not gained any speedup or fixed graphics by doing that Mellow

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
(12-15-2012, 06:02 PM)rama Wrote: .....
In the mean time, use Peops SPU2 or ZeroSPU2 which both don't handle the problem code at all.

I've been wanting to use Peops, to at least get rid of the highly annoying, constant sound glitches in 1.0.0, but I can't seem to find a version of that plugin that's compatible, or maybe I just don't know how to integrate it.
The newest version that I found was from 2005 and it didn't show up in the plugin list. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh and I'd already tried several versions of ZeroSPU2 on several revisions of 1.0.0 and it just makes my pcsx2 crash...
I read about this happening to other people as well (at least on this game).
(12-16-2012, 04:17 AM)Metagondria Wrote: ...

Like i do wonder now why anyone woud change and use Full clamp mode (E+P)?

I myself have changed that on several occasions ingame but have not gained any speedup or fixed graphics by doing that Mellow

cherriepoppers,

Changing Clamp mode to full helps with the game-breaking object placement issues in earlier versions of pcsx2, since the option was introduced. However in 1.0.0 it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore, since the object placement is fine without changing settings.