XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@chrispwnu: hmm, not much info to go on. Which driver version are you using? OS? Any errors during install?

@Nanopls: looks a bit bizarre, Windows itself is not detecting which version is installed. System panel should show the Windows version, the installer uses the same system api call to determine the version. [see screenshots]

Have you been keeping Windows up to date via Windows Update?

@cblair: Error 0x5B4 is a timeout during installation. Is the install taking a long time? Sounds like something is blocking the PNP update, are you running any system protection / anti-virus software?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Im running Windows Security Essentials and my firewall is up. I will try disabling them and rerunning the program. Thanks for the quick response Smile
I tried to run the installer again after disabling Microsoft Security Essentials and my firewall and I have the same result. The pre-install takes about 30 seconds and is successful but the full install runs for about 5 minutes and gets stuck at INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlay Devices...
Im not sure whats blocking it at this point. When I unplug the controller and replug it in it trys to install as "DS3 Controller for Windows" but the installation of the driver fails.
Is there any chance you could add the bluetooth dongle with the following IDs?

VID_0A5C&PID_2153
@Scarlet.Crush I am using version 2.2.1.88. I have Windows 7 64 bit. There were no errors during the install. While it was installing, the test application was flashing from connected to disconnected, but when the install finished, it stayed disconnected.
I was playing around a little, and the test app is flashing from connected to disconnected again. Any idea why this is happening?
@Brz: added your hardware id, see Post #301.

@cblair: not sure what's going on with that, takes around 5 seconds to install on my Windows 7 x64 box. Do you get a Windows Security pop-up that asks you if you want to install the device?

I'm running Security Essentials with Firewall enabled on my Win 7 box and don't have any issues installing. It sounds like something is locking your PNP subsytem. Is your machine up to date with Windows Update? What foreground/background tasks are running? Have you rebooted your machine between attempts?

@chrispwnu: if ScpUser was running while you were performing the install your DS3 device may have been locked. Can you reboot your machine, and then try running ScpUser.

Flashing from Connected / Disconnected indicates that the driver is not installed/running on your DS3.
Hello again.

I have no idea what is blocking my PnP. Whatever it is is probably the reason MotionJoy never loaded as well when I DL'd that. I have rebooted my machine between attempts. I tried cleaning up the system with scanning software. Where do I look to find what foreground/background tasks are running? Im assuming you just don't mean Google Chrome.
Wow - that was fast - thanks a lot.

(03-19-2013, 09:36 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Brz: added your hardware id, see Post #301.
@cblair: fire up Task Manager - Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Start Task Manager. At the bottom of the Task Manager window, click Show processes from all users.