XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Reworked DLL load & unload code, X360 pad stuff intact. Try out the attached DLL.

Tested on Pcsx2 r5350, Pokopom r100, LilyPad r5350, Onimusha 1 (also tested on Fable 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Borderlands 2 [Mechromancer ftw]). Couple of issues with Pokopom around rumble.

1. DS3 on Port 0, X360 on Port 1 - both pads receive rumble effect with Pokopom, only DS3 receives rumble in LilyPad in XInput mode.

2. Rumble is not removed when hitting ESC to pause game in Pokopom, not evident in LilyPad in XInput mode.

Attached logs from debugging for Pokopom & Lilypad.
Note LilyPad sets rumble just before calling XInputEnable(false). [XInputEnable(true|false) doesn't do anything within XInput1_3, you don't need to call them]

Attached Files
.7z   XInput1_3.7z (Size: 16,08 KB / Downloads: 365)
.7z   SCP.Pokopom.Log.7z (Size: 591 bytes / Downloads: 293)
.7z   SCP.Lillypad.Log.7z (Size: 395 bytes / Downloads: 307)

Sponsored links

Yeah, I rely XInputEnable to stop the rumble as it says it would. I'll have to remove that then and make one instead.

In the end I think it was just the load/unload that was messing it up. A boolean wasn't set or so, so it wouldn't reload. Still, I liked ma'simpler x360 pad stuff. =P
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
New version posted, see first post.

@Krossx: added code to turn off rumble in XInputEnable so that you don't have to change Pokopom.

Noticed while testing - initially rumble goes to both pads. After pressing ESC, then resume from PCSX2 menu, rumble only goes to port 0 (as per LilyPad).
It's fine, I'll just make add an extra thing to make sure. There's no XInput in Linux either so it will help to have a generic pause.

(10-14-2012, 09:18 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Noticed while testing - initially rumble goes to both pads. After pressing ESC, then resume from PCSX2 menu, rumble only goes to port 0 (as per LilyPad).

The DS3 (0) getting rumble while the X360(1) getting nothing? Does that happen with my previously posted custom xinput_dll too?
New version posted, see first post.

@KrossX: was a bug in the changes for disabling rumble in XInputEnable.

Why do both pads get rumble though? Popped Onimusha 1 in to a PS2 with 2 pads attached, rumble only goes to first pad during gameplay (same as LilyPad behaviour).
Rumble goes to the same xinput port that gets polled for input for that specific emulated controller, so it should work properly (in my amateur theory at least). =S

I have a third party DS2 controller that came with some unnamed USB adapter. Would it be too hard for me to try and add support for it on your filter? Would it have rumble? So I can have something to test that is.
Are you able to configure and test the motors with LilyPad?

Simplest way would be to just borrow a 2nd X360 controller, if you can.
Hey scarlet.crush thanks for this, i was trying to find a more cleaner alternative to motion in joy. So far i didn't encounter any problems except that whenever i disconnect my ds3 from pc, my ps3 turns on! I know this was happening with motion in joy as well, but it had a disconnect feature so you can remove the controller without your ps3 turning on.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing with your drivers?
Core 2 Duo e4600 2,4 Ghz / Abit IP35 / 2 GB Ram / 9600 GT / Win 7 x64
Sorry for the bump but is there no workaround for this? Everything so far works perfectly with these drivers+x360ce combination and currently i have my ps3 slim unplugged from power so it will not turn on when i disconnect my ds3 controller from PC. I don't use my PS3 that much anymore but it would be nice if a better solution exists.
Core 2 Duo e4600 2,4 Ghz / Abit IP35 / 2 GB Ram / 9600 GT / Win 7 x64
@EvilRyu: currently the driver does not support this, I will look into adding it at some point.

I've done some initial testing for Bluetooth support. Again the DS3 requires a 'Start Command' to be sent before it will function properly on BT, this appears to be required before the BT driver can complete it's initialisation of the device and the DS3 goes back to sleep mode, leaving it unusable. (on my system + BT adapter at least)

MotionInJoy gets round this by installing their own driver on a USB BT dongle, which dedicates the dongle to DS3 use. Not a great solution, but USB BT dongles can be pretty cheap.

Looking into writing a filter driver for a generic USB BT dongle, preferably one that utilises a generic MS supplied driver. If anyone knows of such a beast please let me know.