XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@lesbianspankinferno: the tool is showing that your DS3 is correctly paired to your Dongle.

By set for High Performance I mean is the power plan (Control Panel -> Power Options) set to the "High Performance" mode. Power Saver or Balanced mode may be enabling a power save mode on your USB devices.

The log shows the same behaviour as the previous one, not seeing a connection request being received by the dongle.

Sponsored links

Ah, I see. I've just checked and I am currently on high performance. I'll start shopping around for a new Bluetooth dongle, then. Thank you for your help.
I would shop around for compatible dongles in this thread, for best performance. Smile
this is how it looks when i have SCP Service turned on.

Attached Files
.txt   ScpServicelog.txt (Size: 504 bytes / Downloads: 269)
@Static.Shock21: you must close the ScpServer ("SCP DS3 Server") window before starting the service ("SCP DS3 Service"). Only 1 should be running, devices are locked by the first one that is started.
(03-16-2013, 02:25 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Static.Shock21: you must close the ScpServer ("SCP DS3 Server") window before starting the service ("SCP DS3 Service"). Only 1 should be running, devices are locked by the first one that is started.

i did that but for some reason it only looks like this when i disable "SCP DS3 Service". when its turned on everything is greyed out except the controllers when i unplug then plug them in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-15-2013, 02:19 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Zeddidragon: can you try the following with your controller - plug in to USB, run bin\Win32\ScpUser.exe, check Advanced, check Extensions. Rotate both sticks a couple of times, then let them centre. You should see similar to the attached screenshot.

The extensions are received from a direct feed from the DS3 and bypass XInput/DInput, so should be able to see if the DS3 is reporting any offsets on the stick axis.

The drivers themselves do not set any Voltage or Current supplied to the DS3, these are handled purely by Windows. Can you verify that ScpMonitor shows 'Charging' and switches to 'Charged' after a period of being connected via USB. [Battery status is displayed from reports read from the DS3]

In the ScpUser thing RY is permanently fixed to 1.0000 no matter what I do. I can verify that Monitor shows "Charging" when plugged in and after a few minutes it shows "Charged". I thought it took surprisingly long, considering I only had it unplugged for a second.

Other than that, the hardware ID for my bluetooth thingy is USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362. Might you add it in your next release?
@Zeddidragon: added your hardware id, see Post #301

@Static.Shock21: you don't need to run ScpServer.exe. It is there only as a debugging tool, it will not be delivered in future builds.

To see the status of the Service run ScpMonitor.exe
@Zeddidragon: from your description of the issues you were having with your DS3 the following may have happened -

A connection to your RY Stick inside the DS3 was slightly compromised (dry solder joint / slightly loose connector). May have not presented any symptoms initially.

Over the course of using it on your PC, rumble effects / environment degraded the connection causing issues with the internal electronics of the controller. Symptoms of slight offset of RY and dropping out of the controller.

Eventually the connection became fully compromised, broken / fully disconnected. Symptoms of RY floating high, fully offset.

Were you playing games that made extensive use of rumble? It would be interesting to open the controller and examine connections to the right stick.
Nothing I played on PC while using the controller made any use of rumble at all. I guess whatever compromised stuff in there just happened to die the other day. I could pop the controller open and have a look. How complicated is it to put these things back together compared to PS1 and PS2 controllers? I recall there being a lot of shenanigans with some plastic stuff that was hard to align right.

Oh, and thanks for adding my bluetooth thingy! Works perfect.