XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(04-15-2013, 10:08 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @soyo: it's not something I've come across - put a lot of hours into Tomb Raider, RE 6 and Bioshock Infinite recently and had no issues.

Sounds like your Dongle is dropping packets for some reason - is your dongle connected on a front panel port away from other RF devices? does your DS3 have clear line of sight to the Dongle? (any obstacles between them, especially metal, can reduce signal strength substantially)
On a frond panel, yes, below the desk.

I don't have any other bluetooth devices. I do have wifi, and have a mouse and keyboard that work over wifi (logitech unify).

The DS3 have direct line, yes, and it's very close. When I was gaming lately I was sitting before my PC, so that makes my DS3 less than a meter away from the bluetooth dongle.

No obstacles.

Your diagnose would be that my dongle is not good enough, or something is broken with it?

Sponsored links

Can you add this hardware id?

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2198&REV_0391
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2198
@soyo: your dongle is the USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0100 I think, this is a very early REV of the CSR chip (the dongle I use on my games machine is CSR with REV_7558). It may be that the chip hardware/firmware can't quite work reliably for extended periods.

@dontspamrob: added your hardware id, see Post #639.
(04-16-2013, 01:03 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @soyo: your dongle is the USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0100 I think, this is a very early REV of the CSR chip (the dongle I use on my games machine is CSR with REV_7558). It may be that the chip hardware/firmware can't quite work reliably for extended periods.
It is pretty cheap one so it might very well be.

Which one would you recommend, from the econimic ones, that is reliable and you never had problems with? (Also good range would be nice and just plug & play - no cd drivers or something like that)

cheers
Lucas
Hi, first of all I'd like to commend you on your great work (works flawlessly via USB, this has allowed me to ditch MiJ at long last), and would also like to please ask you to add my Bluetooth dongle id:

USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000&REV_1915

It`s identified as Silicon Wave Bluetooth Adapter on the device manager.

Thank you!

edit:

I did a more thorough search on your update post and realized there`s an entry for USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000, I installed the update as instructed, the dongle gets installed and converted to the BT DS3 device on the Device Manager, but it just doesn't work - maybe it's not pairing up, but whenever I take the cable off, the controller stops working. I've tried a fresh reinstall with multiple reboots to no avail. Maybe I have a faulty dongle? I haven't tested it with anything else.
@soyo: the dongles I use are listed in Post #85.

Of these, personally I wouldn't recommend the Asus BT211 dongle - Atheros based and requires extra drivers, also has an extremely bright blue LED which is distracting when it's flashing.

The JSG Accessories (CSR REV_1958) one is a bit bulky, looks a bit odd sticking out of a front panel port.

The PC Trading (CSR REV_7558) and Belkin (Broadcom based) dongles are the ones I use in my Games and HTPC machines. They have both performed flawlessly in extended use.

@great deceiver: Can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.
(04-16-2013, 08:54 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @great deceiver: Can you do the following -
1. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
2. Restart the Service (or reboot your PC).
3. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plugin your DS3 to USB.
8. Wait 30 seconds.
9. Unplug your DS3 from USB.
10. Wait 30 seconds.
11. Zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

Here are my logs, RAR'd up. Thanks again!

Attached Files
.rar   logs.rar (Size: 2,29 KB / Downloads: 151)
(04-16-2013, 08:54 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @soyo: the dongles I use are listed in Post #85.

Of these, personally I wouldn't recommend the Asus BT211 dongle - Atheros based and requires extra drivers, also has an extremely bright blue LED which is distracting when it's flashing.

The JSG Accessories (CSR REV_1958) one is a bit bulky, looks a bit odd sticking out of a front panel port.

The PC Trading (CSR REV_7558) and Belkin (Broadcom based) dongles are the ones I use in my Games and HTPC machines. They have both performed flawlessly in extended use.
Thanks Scarlet.Crush. I took a glance on this list before and I was thinking about PC Trading one.

However I found the Plugable dongle on amazon.co.uk which has the best ratings out of the 4 you listed, and is the similar price. Seems it's highly recomended, and also is of the broadcom chipset, so same as Belkin.

I've checked it's PID and it is the same as already listed to you.

Thanks for the recomendation.
@great deceiver: your Dongle is not responding correctly to a Remote Name request.

Code:
4/16/2013 4:25:18 PM.181 << HCI_Remote_Name_Request [0419]
4/16/2013 4:25:18 PM.184 >> HCI_Command_Status_EV [0F] [0C]

It is returning status code 0x0C, from the Bluetooth 2.0+EDR spec -

Quote:2.12 COMMAND DISALLOWED (0X0C)
The Command Disallowed error code indicates that the command requested
cannot be executed because the controller is in a state where it cannot process
this command at this time. This error shall not be used for command OpCodes
where the error code Unknown HCI Command is valid.

The response from a successful Remote Name request is used by the drivers to extract the Name & MAC Address of the DS3. The connection request from the DS3 can't be processed further without this information.

The request to add this hardware id was from Drifter, it was for USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000&REV_0373 and he reported that it was working correctly. Sounds like there is possibly a regression bug in your REV of the chips firmware, it being a later REV.

Just noticed -

Code:
4/16/2013 4:22:04 PM.777 -- Master 00:1F:81:00:01:00, HCI_Version 2.2, LMP_Version 2.2

Bluetooth 2.0+EDR is required for use with a DS3 - HCI_Version 2.x is Bluetooth 1.2 specification, so your dongle is not compatible.
Thanks for your attention Scarlet.Crush, I'll try to get a different dongle and will report after.

Anyway, congratulations again for the great work!