XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
So I made an account just to get some clarification on this so.... hopefully I do.
Would just like to thank you for this alternative Scarlet. I didn't know how bad MotioninJoy was until I couldn't even play my games on a random internet outage. Anyway the problem I'm having is with disconnecting the DS3 via USB without turning on my PS3. I know you've explained how to do this like a month ago on a separate post but I'm not having any success (Post 809).

I think the process I've done wrong may be installation. I've downloaded the latest zip you have up. Unzipped the files and proceeded to install into my DS3 after clearing out the Motion drivers. I've tested it out on PCSX2 and everything seems to be working just fine (ditto with a couple PC games I tried). The actual function of the controller seems fine, however I don't have "SCP DS3 Service" under my services. I've also seen posts of you asking for ScpService.logs and a search of that on my computer show I also don't have any such logs.

With that said, hopefully I'm just failing to download a few things I need to download. Hopefully I've explained the situation well enough that you can tell where I screwed up. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored links

Thanks so much. Works perfectly!
Scarlet.Crush, thanks a lot for the driver! MotionInJoy didn't work on my laptop and this driver saved me!

Is there any plan to support tilt sensor on the PS3 controller? Would be wonderful if you can add an option to switch to using the tilt readings in place of the analog joystick values.
(05-04-2013, 11:36 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Ocitda: it sounds like the service is unable to start for some reason (ScpService.log should be created when the service starts).

1. Open Service Control Manager (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services).
2. Scroll down to find "SCP DS3 Service".
3. Right-click on it and select Start.
4. Report back if there is any error.

Can you zip up your ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.

My controller won't stay connected. I looked into doing this as a possible fix, but "SCP DS3 Service" does not exist. Which file is this so I can add it manually.(win 7 x86)
Hi Scarlet, and friends in this forum, I'm still re-reading the full thread looking for an answer to my problem, without good luck yet. I've noticed that when is installing the driver the BT dongle stop flicking and in the scpdriver.log it says:INFO - Installation did not occur because the hardware isn't currently present, but install the driver anyway:INFO - Installation was successful.
I'm not a programmer, only a user with some knowledge and can't realize what's happening, the scpdevice.log isn't create.I will continue trying.Smile
Release Version of SCP-Driver-Package has been posted - see Post #1.

Changes from 0.8.0.100
Virtual Bus - FIX validation of URB_FUNCTION_SELECT_CONFIGURATION size on X86 systems.
ScpControl - FIX check if Suspended before processing Notification events.
ScpControl - ADD support for USB Disconnect with L1+R1+PS for removal w/o starting paired PS3.
ScpControl - MOD decreased the flash frequency while charging on USB.
ScpDriver - ADD Force Install option.
ScpDriver - ADD WIN8 and DEFAULT configurations.
ScpMonitor - TWEAK saving of Form position and visibility.

Update from 0.8.0.100
1. Run ScpDriver.
2. Click Uninstall.
3. Delete contents of your Install directory.
4. Follow New Install instructions.

@Ocitda: the only way I could replicate your issue was by removing Write permissions on the ScpServer\bin directory to the SYSTEM account. Can you grant Full Control to SYSTEM for this directory. [Also update to SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103]

@Kakdum3:
@xxletheanxx:

update to SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103, the Filter Driver is no longer supported. The Driver package does not require BTH, runs fine on USB only and provides enhanced XInput support.
Screenshots for SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103

Installer
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44090]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44091]

ScpMonitor
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44092]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44093]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44094]

ScpUser
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44095]

Devices and Printers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44096]

Game Controllers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44097]

Controller Properties
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44098]

PCSX2 - Plugin Configuration
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44099]

LilyPad Configuration
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44100]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44101]

Services
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44102]

Device Manager
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44103]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=44104]
Hi Scarlet, well I just go to log in how administrator (and install the new versiĆ³n), I'll be back with the news.Thank you.Ocitda.
(04-21-2013, 03:07 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @dittocopys: mapping of buttons is not currently supported, feature set & gui are now frozen as I am testing 1.0 binaries.

Wondering if you have anything planned for this after 1.0? It would be really useful considering alot of older games don't play well with XInput. In particular, GTA3/VC/SA don't pick up the triggers at all and remapping properly in-game is pretty much impossible.
Scarlet says:
@Ocitda: the only way I could replicate your issue was by removing Write permissions on the ScpServer\bin directory to the SYSTEM account. Can you grant Full Control to SYSTEM for this directory. [Also update to SCP-DS3-Driver-Package-1.0.0.103]

of course I can grant full control to SYSTEM for this directory, tell me how please and I'll make it.TIA.Ocitda.