XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@hoeboo: it sounds like the Bluetooth is signal is getting interference, are you using any other radio devices?

@Polarathene: the drivers request the remote devices name using an HCI_Remote_Name_Request and perform the following test

Code:
if (Name == "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" || Name == "Navigation Controller")
{
    NameList.Add(bd, nm.ToString());

Transfered = HCI_Accept_Connection_Request(BD_Addr, 0x00);

LogDebug(String.Format("<< {0} [{1:X4}]", HCI.Command.HCI_Accept_Connection_Request, (UInt16) HCI.Command.HCI_Accept_Connection_Request));
}
else
{
    Transfered = HCI_Reject_Connection_Request(BD_Addr, 0x0F);

LogDebug(String.Format("<< {0} [{1:X4}]", HCI.Command.HCI_Reject_Connection_Request, (UInt16) HCI.Command.HCI_Reject_Connection_Request));
}

@mikezilla2: yes, Post #1 contains the latest release version.

@reading: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

@Ocitda: you won't need to run the installer again, just need to plug in your new DS3s. They will be automatically installed by Windows.

@dogslop: the log shows that there is a timeout occurring while attempting to install the BTH driver. cblair had a similar problem which was fixed by changing the USB port that the device was plugged in to and res-installing the drivers.

@DragonKing: it's more of a mismatch between what the MS 360 Drivers provide and what FFXI can use. I am looking to provide a solution fro this in the next release of the drivers.

@logik92: rerun the install and tick the Force Install checkbox.

@Dkboy: note the yellow triangle with an exclamation on your X360 Pad in Devices and Printers. You need to update the Microsoft X360 drivers on your PC.

Quote:Xbox 360 Controller Drivers - these are available from Microsoft here.

Sponsored links

@Scarlet.Crush

I do have other wireless devices. A router, Logitech solar keyboard, Logitech G700 mouse, and a wireless 360 controller. No other bluetooth devices phone bluetooth is turned off.
@hoeboo: all I can suggest is to ensure that your BTH dongle is plugged into a front panel port as far away from other RF devices as physically possible.
Thank you for your work. I have been using your XInput Wrapper on Win 7 x64 and had no problems. I have recently switched to Win 8 x64 and found that the L2 and R2 buttons are not recognised on my DS3. All other buttons are working properly. Is this a known issue? Cheers.

Edit: Never mind its just that when you test the buttons in the control panel the L2 and R2 didn't show up. Tried the keys in game and they work great.
I don't know if this has been answered before, and i couldn't find it after a few searches for key words. Despite the controller connecting perfectly before it doesn't anymore.

i installed again but i can't get the controller to connect to the program but the ps3 controller is visible on my Devices and printers. The SCP DS3 service won't start.
@Scarlet.Crush

I wanted to thank you for making a program that works as well as Motioninjoy but without the stability issues, I wanted to ask if you can add support in the near future for my Bluetooth (internal from my Notebook) model USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21B4 and USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21B4&REV_0481 (don't know if there's any difference between them, but both appear under hardware ID here), for now i'll keep using the controller in the USB.
Working brilliantly now, thanks again.
@ZellFk: added an update for your hardware id, see Post #1.

@worldoflies: can you check the security permissions on the "B:\Temp\Programs & Mods\ScpServer\bin" directory, the SYSTEM account requires Full Control.

@cobjtype: L2 & R2 are mapped onto the Z Axis, the display of Z Axis in the Game Controllers applet is broken in Win8 [it is displayed properly during Calibration].
This software refuses to work for me. I followed the instructions carefully downloading and installed everything. Still, my Dualshock 3 wont work. Why is this? I am running windows 7 32 bit.
When attempting to load ScpService I get a "Windows Service Start Failure" error. Is there a solution to this?