Xenosaga ep 1 OpenGL HW problem
IF your not on NVIDIA it is, like I said youtube video problem and are not to be trusted when comes to pcsx2 less they was done by PCSX2 team to begin with.

And again there was regression opengl which wasnt fixed till after 1.40 was released, Opengl is just as fast as DX in this game, and most goes for that matter on nvidia DX9 fastest of them cause it also the less accurate. though most the accuraccy is pcsx2 core based at this point

OpenGL>DX11>DX9 as far accuracy goes.
DX9>DX11>Opengl in terms of speeds. DX9-11 can be faster slower depending on the game

DX is barrely worked on this days let alone improved. OpenGL is future of PCSX2

Sponsored links

(01-20-2016, 03:51 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: OpenGL>DX11>DX9 as far accuracy goes.
DX9>DX11>Opengl in terms of speeds.
Until they will improve the OpenGL renderer, DX11 is the best compromise
(01-20-2016, 04:12 AM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Until they will improve the OpenGL renderer, DX11 is the best compromise

No it doesn't work this way.
* On Nvidia, however you could remove the extra rendering of openGL to get back to the DX11 level.

* On AMD, the main issue is the driver. I don't use any Nvidia extension on the code base.
Maybe in newest GIT (PCSX2 1.5) OpenGl works better as tsunami says...
In the stable version there are too slowdowns
TURN OFF BLEND if people cant be bother to set things up correctly or listen it only their fault. This is even mention on the pcsx2 wiki to boot, which most people probably dont know about and even if they did dont bother to read

Opengl render is better then DX11 at this point except in speed, and most those speed issue can be fix if it is setup CORRECT.

Not mention in that video that guy put blend on the highest settings , which has been said many time will kill framerates. reading and understand what settings do goes along way.
Is it better to have
i5 6500 + gtx 970 (CPU<GPU)
or
i7 4790 + gtx 960 (CPU>GPU)
?
(01-21-2016, 06:45 PM)revengerofdeath Wrote: Is it better to have
i5 6500 + gtx 970 (CPU<GPU)
or
i7 4790 + gtx 960 (CPU>GPU)
?

PCSX2 CPU > GPU
Regular Gaming GPU > CPU

Best is a balance. However, the i5-6500 should be able to handle just about anything you throw at it from a hardware perspective. I have a slightly weaker CPU (i5-3470) and have yet to find a game that I can't run due to CPU limitations.
(01-21-2016, 09:46 PM)bomblord Wrote: I have a slightly weaker CPU (i5-3470) and have yet to find a game that I can't run due to CPU limitations.
Thank you for the answer.
Yeah, I thought so, but in some recent steam games it is recommended an i7, that seems pretty an exaggeration to me.
An i5 6500/6600 (no OC) + gtx 970 (no OC) I should be able to run everything...