about emulator programming
(01-04-2009, 09:00 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(01-04-2009, 03:24 AM)rama Wrote: echosierra:
That's funny, guess how I learned it Laugh

I should have qualified it with a conditional. No 'normal' person can learn by just staring at the code Tongue

It isn't about just knowing what the code does, it's seeing how to make it better. Learning how to program is only half the battle, the real difficulty is knowing what to code.

well di method im using is reading everything there is first then try out some stuff as experience well i'm able to read it but it able to program it well its going to take a little while for that .........well if i get di debugging skills first then after everything will come

Sponsored links

(01-04-2009, 09:00 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(01-04-2009, 03:24 AM)rama Wrote: echosierra:
That's funny, guess how I learned it Laugh

I should have qualified it with a conditional. No 'normal' person can learn by just staring at the code Tongue

It isn't about just knowing what the code does, it's seeing how to make it better. Learning how to program is only half the battle, the real difficulty is knowing what to code.
there's always an exception to the rule. I've been that for years lol
so damn true from u understand the rules everything is good to go really and thats what im trying to understand
that makes no sense zano, specially since you quoted me..
mistake
ah.. well thanks for clearing that up, I was confused.
If you want to write an emulator, well, after you are comfortable with you're language *assuming C/C++*, then head over here.

This blog from Codeslinger was amazingly helpful. He literally takes you through step by step on Chip8, Gameboy and Master system emulation. Start with the Chip8, trust me. Can't go wrong. Although, i did the first few times...
[Image: 40122467.png]
Please check the date of the last post, you just revived a year old thread.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Wich language is PCSX2 compiled ? C++ ? Assembler ?...
I agree with echosierra.... Knowing how to program is half the way... Programming a good code is hard xD
I know JAVA may I understand some parts of PCSX2 code ?
PCSX2 is compiled as C++, nearly 100% so, strictly speaking.

I include the 'strictly' clause because PCSX2 includes its own built-in x86 asm code generator, which translates MIPS binaries into equivalent x86 binaries. Most code relating to the binary translator (also called a recompiler) is steeped in rather terse and advanced assembly language; however it is still a purely C++ application.

Bottom line is that you need to be a pretty good expert in both C++ and asm to get the job done when it comes to advanced emulation techniques like those used in PCSX2.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team